Wierd skin thing on cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
Hi so my cat Pansey has this weird skin thing on her head at first I assumed she'd just scratched her head open and it's healing but now it looks like it's spreading dose anyone know what it could be, dose anyone have any experience with this?

I've cleaned it, but nothing else cause I'm not sure what it even is.

Is your cat an indoor, or outdoor cat (or both)? It might be the result of a animal fight, and a bacterial infection in the dermis.
It also might be fleas. My cats had similar looking scabs when my cats got fleas. Last summer our flea population was intense, and even using frontline the fleas were everywhere. I'd check for flea dirt as the scabs can form from the cat biting, rubbing, and itching. Also check the ears, fleas love to hide in the ears during the day.
You might consider shaving the area down to treat it better (if you're cat allows it), and wear gloves when you clean that wound, as many skin ailments like ringworm, can be transferred to other pets and to humans. Clean in a circular motion working from the inside out, like a target, and throw away your tools after as to not spread the disease. A vet visit sounds good if you can afford it.

Pansey is both indoor and outdoor and I've looked her over and I don't see fleas or flea dirt or any other scabs over her body.

Latest posts

Back