I have a Bunny, her name is Bug

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bug and I have been spending quite a bit of time together lately whilst I build her condo, yesterday I was just sitting there and she came upto me and I thought she was eating my dress so I lifted it up a bit to get it out of her way..... turns out she was grooming me!!! she now will not stop, every time I an sitting down she will just lick me constantly !!

Yay! I'm glad she's warming up to you. I have the best snuggle sessions with Monty now. She'll purposely lay right next to where I'm sitting, or if I'm just walking around the kitchen to cook or something, she'll lay down between my feet to let me know she wants to snuggle.

Im so glad too!! she is such a joy!! better than any cat lol she loves a little patt as well, still not keep on too much touching but that's fine, at least I know she likes me lol

I could be way off, but I'm wondering if she might have some Belgian hare in her? She looks cute in any case, hope you manage to continue bonding with her.

I could be way off, but I'm wondering if she might have some Belgian hare in her? She looks cute in any case, hope you manage to continue bonding with her.

Would have no clue as she is a rescue but she looks exactly like Monte, I will post more photos, she has grown a lot and the bit under her neck (excuse my ignorance I have no idea what's its called) has almost tripled in size.
She is also become increasingly cheeky!! so many wires have been destroyed and I don't even know she is chewing on them, does anyone have suggestions on how to correct that behaviour? the last thing I want is for her to chew on something that is plugged in.
I bought some Hay cakes and Papaya pellets today she will enjoy those!

I think what your talking about is called a dewlap! They are so cute on bunnies! About the cords being chewed on, I think a good solution is covering the wires with plastic tubing. You can read about bunny proofing cords and what to buy, and it tells you how to bunny proof other things here: http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/rabbit-proofing.html

I think what your talking about is called a dewlap! They are so cute on bunnies! About the cords being chewed on, I think a good solution is covering the wires with plastic tubing. You can read about bunny proofing cords and what to buy, and it tells you how to bunny proof other things here: http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/rabbit-proofing.html

Yes!! that is what its called, its so cute!! she just lays down and snuggles in it, looks like a huge pillow around her head.

You mean like this? Monty's dewlap is getting huge.

2vvu8ee.jpg

Oh, I just love big bunnies and Monty´s dewlap so suits her, I bet Bugs is pretty good as well. We were always laughing about Monty or Thumper and Ellie, imagining a great big bun and a small tiny bun together...so what breed are you thinking of if you get her a friend ???

Oh, I just love big bunnies and Monty´s dewlap so suits her, I bet Bugs is pretty good as well. We were always laughing about Monty or Thumper and Ellie, imagining a great big bun and a small tiny bun together...so what breed are you thinking of if you get her a friend ???

It will be another rescue, so breed will not be 100% accurate but we have been looking at a little guy his name is Baloo and I don't know what he is lol, I also don't know if the condo is big enough to home 2 rabbits, its currently 3 levels with the second level and third level having platforms... I really need to take a picture lol would be good to get peoples feedback on it

balloo.png

Ah Baloo is such a cutie...he´s a lop but not sure what breed. If you post pics, I´m sure we´ll all chip in with comments.

Here is some photos of the condo!, I haven't put in ramps or flooring yet, nor have I put the doors in yet, how do I put the doors in??

2013-04-19 18.42.57.jpg

2013-04-19 18.43.04.jpg

2013-04-19 18.43.17.jpg

I also don't know if I can just make it 4 squares long and then add another level or if that is too small currently its 6 squares long

It really just depends on what works for you best, building up or building out. Just make sure you can access every level for cleaning. For doors you just ziptie a panel on one side and use a snap for the door on the other side. I'll make a little suggestion though, about the second floor. See how you have that open space on the third floor, in the middle. You may want that to be your setup for the second floor instead, and the door to open up right there. What this does is give you a nice open space to reach inside and more easily get under and clean the bottom floor. Otherwise, if the second floor has a panel in the floor right there where you open up the door, then you are going to have to crouch under that front panel to clean the bottom floor, and let me tell you, it's a pain to have to crawl under that second floor to clean. Another handy idea to be able to clean the top floor, is to have a top hatch that you can open up to clean and get to the top floor. Here's some nic condo instructions and pictures to kind of give you an idea of what I'm talking about. On the first link, click on the video clip on the right side and it will show you the top hatch idea. The second llink shows the floor of the second floor being open in the middle for ease of reaching in to clean.

http://rabbitcondo.com/lara-and-harrels-deluxe-wide-rabbit-condo
http://rabbitcondo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/condofortwo.jpg

What I was going to do was have every level accessible from the side, like double doors if you will, and the space in the middle I was going to put a ramp up to the next level?
But I do see what you mean, I was just seeing where I would put the condo and really as it is doesn't fit anywhere in my loungeroom which is where I want to have her so she can be part of the family and her condo always open when we are home for her to go in and out of, but I don't know if having it 4 squares is being cruel ?

Latest posts

Back