Limp ear?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinketd

Reaction score
My rabbit, Ari, is a one month old doe. We just got her about two-to-three days ago. The breeders said she was a purebreed lionhead but she looks NOTHING like one. We currently have no idea what she is. Recently, one of Ari's ears has flopped to the side but the other is standing up straight. We checked for mites and fleas, infections and etc. Nothing was found. We can't tell if it genetic because we don't trust what we've been told. Recently, I just went to fair with my six year old mini rex buck. He won second place and reserve grand champion. We retired him this year. This is why we got Ari. We want to compete with her. But, unfortunately, we have to know if this is something serious or genetic beforehand. Also, the judge must know what breed she is. Help?

IMG_20170722_095329-1.jpg

as mentioned in your other thread, this one probably has the single mane gene, not as fluffy as the double mane gene.

the single lop ear means she has lop parentage. not much info on the lop ear genes.
"Not much is known about where exactly these genetic traits appear in DNA, but the gene does not follow a reliable dominant/recessive rule. When a standy-up eared mates with a lop-eared, the kits ears could turn out in any variation. Up, down, sideways…"
more info here https://smallpetselect.com/uncategorized/rabbits-lop-ears

I mentionned that in your other thread, but I wouldn't trust a 'breeder' who sells you a one month old baby! You're already lucky she doesn't have coccidiosis...

Latest posts

Back