Fur, fur, and more fur.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
If someone had told me before I had AJ what being owned by a Bunny would cost and take I'd have thought twice about taking him. Now that I have him though I wouldn't trade him BUT this SHEDDING thing is for the birds! Or at least the fur will be lol

AJ is officially going through his first shed with me and lucky me it has to be a heavy one lol. I have brushed and hand stripped just about enough fur to make another AJ!

I have been brushing him inside the past couple of days and the fur just flies so today I got smart and brought him outside on the porch and brushed and hand stripped as much as would come off today and AJ LOVES it and my house is NOT covered in tons of bunny fur... Believe me fur blew in the wind! :)

He looks nice and "special" with his baldy spots on his head and a couple on his body, also some thin spots that if you brush the wrong way look baldy cause of the white fur lol. Tomorrow we do it again.

Oh, c'mon. You can't make that kind of post without pictures!

35871200241_eff8481a57_o.jpg

i know most mammals shed, but this is a lot. started a few days ago.

Skavatar.
Your bun has the same markings as my AJ only AJ is a Netherland Dwarf. Are you brushing him/her to help get the extra fur off? AJ seems to appreciate it and just relaxes even when I am hand stripping him. Which sounds worse than it is.

Pictures to come I promise. I will take them this morning and post as soon as I can... I am headed to the laundromat (save me!)

i started with a brush, but had to stop every few seconds to remove all the fur from the brush. then i just used my hand, and large clumps of fur was coming out. but she still has nice thick fur, no bald spots :)

I am still trying to get the images loaded to photobucket of AJ. I've mostly been hand stripping him so he has more thin and bald spots I am trying to get pics as the shed progresses. Warning. If you hand strip DO IT OUTSIDE because there will be a lot of fur. Or at least there has been with AJ.

I also think this is the first real proper assisted shed he's had. I love this little furball mischief and all..

Latest posts

Back