Training tricks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilmunster

Reaction score
I have a dog that is clicker trained. I want to clicker train my bun, Wednesday to do tricks. I just don't know where to start. She is super sweet and smart, she knows how to escape her cage if I forget to close it and how to con treats out of my parents. She is my profile pic.

Positive reinforcement, usually involving... wait for it... treats!

I have a rabbit clicker, but only got so far with it. I should probably give it another go.

What kind of tricks do you want to teach your bun(s)? I've found a number of useful videos on YouTube on this subject. From my experience, it will probably take a good deal of time regardless of technique.

Mine are not clicker trained, but my Whiskey is a star trick doer :p. He will go in his cage on command, beg, come, spin, touch his nose to my fingers, heel up, and my personal favorite- give me a kiss. (My other rabbit does most of those, but she's lazy and believes she deserves treats simply for existing). Like samoth said, so many treats and positive reinforcement! If you want Wednesday to spin, for example, move the treat in front of her in a circle so she has to spin to follow it. And progress how far she has to spin (don't start with a complete spin) as you go. I tend to use rabbit pellets for stuff like this, since treats can get pretty high calorie fast.

Do your buns respind to voice commands or lures? How do you teach them to give kisses?

We use hand signals, since voice commands don't really work with rabbits (they can learn a few words, but they just aren't designed per say to learn more.

With kisses- so I would lay on the floor and have a treat- which they could smell. I'd repeat the hand signal/word combo over and over and over until by chance, them looking for the treat would lead them to basically nose bump my face. Then they'd get the treat! And over time, doing it enough, they learn that that hand signal means go nose bump mom in the face and you get a treat. XD

Latest posts

Back