Rabbit Coat Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja5838

Reaction score
I'm new here. Posted in Introductions & uploaded pictures of my rabbit/bunnies. Moving on....I have a question about one of the bunnies, Fluffy. Her coat is different from her mother's & siblings. Theirs feels much like as if you're petting a regular shorthaired cat. Soft with a sheen. However, Fluffy's is much softer, fluffy. Kinda feels like wool or cotton but doesnt look like the Angora breed in the Identification Key. She's the one top right in the picture. You can see a difference if you look closely. The two below her, their fur looks longer whereas hers looks shorter & neat. What kind of rabbit has that kind of fur, what is that fur/coat called? And is it normal for litters to have one bunny that different from the rest?

View attachment 1499515238595.jpg

Nevermind, I'm thinking that's just "baby fur". At closer look, the fur of the other two look similar. I'm a fairly new rabbit owner & not knowledgeable about baby rabbits yet. But those are the three I have. I would have deleted the post but I dont know how.

They're about 3 weeks old. The top & bottom bunnies seem to have the same fur. The one in the middle, up close, looks different, more Angora-ish.

That's what the mother did a couple weeks ago, just when she gave birth to the babies. Probably be Dec when they shed theirs.

Latest posts

Back