Wild baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperina

Reaction score
The person I know (in Oklahoma) found a baby bunny in her yard - it's been raining a lot, and he looked really bad. She dried him off, he looks much better now. He's as large as her palm without fingers. Any recommendations what to do next?

for a baby rabbit to get that soaked I'd have to wonder why it didn't seek shelter so I'd examine it carefully for injury and then release it if in good shape. If injured, feed greens until it heals and then release it when healed.

a lot of water is everywhere.Texas is being flooded like they it wasn't since 1940. That bunny is not in Texas but close. Even in my yard in Kansas water stands at my ankle level after a good rain.
The little one didn't make it thru - he died. Monday was a national holiday, everything closed. On Tuesday the lady received some feedback from the rescue but it was too late.. She offered him grass, hay, water but he didn't eat.
RIP little one

aw man so sorry to hear that =0(

probably was in shock and scared. not knowing at what or who we are .... =0/

R.I.P and may you binky away w/ the one(s) before you ..

I think he was OK when he dried off (looking at the second picture) but then I think he didn't get any nutrition for probably longer than he could handle. The weather keeps being severe there

I live in Oklahoma and we have had lots of rain. A lot of small animals are looking for shelter. That bunny could have been bit by a snake or other venomous reptile causing to get sick and dye. Just naming a few is snakes,spiders, horned toads, scorpions, lizards, turtles, and a bunch more.

Latest posts

Back