Biting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Mocha has gotten quite badfor biting the past 2 or 3 weeks and it's getting quite annoying. Thismorning I went out to change his water and wish him a happy birthdaywhen he decided I wasn't allowed to take his water dish and bit me hardenough to draw blood. I've had enough of this behavious and was justhoping for suggestions on how to fix this behaviour. (I know it won'tbe a quick fix!)

-Laura-

P.S.- Hard to get mad at him when he just turned one today! lmao.

That sounds like quite the fix! I can't fixit, but, once Mr. Cudles bit me when I wasn't expecting it and scaredthe &*$% outta me!!! It bled a bit, but I didn't mind, becauseMr. Cuddles didn't bite from then on. I guess your bun won't biteanymore!

Has Mocha been fixed? Often that will fix theproblem. Also rabbits go through a teenage stage where theyare irritable. But mine went through that stage more around6months. If that is it it only lasts around a month or twoand stopped as fast as it started. Good luck.

Ya, he was fixed when he was little, he may justneed an attitude adjustment from being spoiled to no end for so long.He is also a year old now.

The gloves stop the pain, but he bites more, I want to teach him not to bite the hand that feeds him, lol.

My bunny has never biten me, but she used to chew on the furniture, this is what I did to train her not to.

Everytime I heard her chewing on something I walked over, patted her onthe nose, said "no meg, bad bunny. no!" And put her chew stick in herface "This is what you chew, see? yum yum stick!" lol (sounds babyish Iknow)

I did this everytime she was chewing something and now I just keep herstick on the floor when she's out and when she wants to chew onsomething she chews on it.

Perhaps you can try the same technique with your bun and see how it goes?

Ok everyone, I've found a "cure" for Mocha'sbiting, and would suggest it to others who have the same problems, itmight not work but it's worth a try! And it works wonders with Mocha.

Everytime he goes to bite me or something he shouldn't (eg. cords) Islap my own knee so it makes a loud noise and accompany it with alouder, stern "no." Mocha is too preoccupied with what mom's doing topay attention to biting things and hopefully, in time, he will learnthat no means no!

Laura

Butdon't scold the bunny severly.It mayget frightented easily(bunnies are prone to loud sounds)I wish you goodluck in 'educating' your bunny and I know that it will pick it soon.;)

I know, it's not that loud, and it obviouslydoesn't scare him, cus he comes running to me seeming to say "What areyou doing mom?"

You must give your rabbit plenty ofthings to chew on such as wood (those that are safe) and treat sticks.If the rabbit bites you again firmly say NO and gradually the rabbitwill learn that you are not happy with him. Good Luck.:D

He has lots of wood and toys lmao, he just gets mad when I pick him up and he doesn't want to be picked up!

Latest posts

Back