Paint Fumes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Greetings Friends!

The apartment is getting painted today and tomorrow. (Yay!) Luckily it's a nice day--so the windows are able to be open.

Tucker's in the bedroom now, not knowing what's happening. I'm waitingfor the painters to show up. I'm a little concerned that he breathesany paint fumes at all. I'd imagine that as much as I can take, he canprobably take. I'm thinking as long as the air is able to circulate,we'll be okay. I have huge windows in my main room, and a door thatopens out to a deck that's a screen door, so hopefully, the paint willdry fast.

Does anyone know anything about paint fumes and rabbits?

Thanks and have a very happy day! :cool:

-Carolyn

I am not sure but sounds like a good idea to keep him in the other roomand the windows open for fresh air. The fresh air is a good for you andhim! Good luck painting!!! Last time I painted I kept myparakeets in the other room with fresh air and they were ok they havevery delicate repertory systems. Oh I also steped in to thebucket of pain! OH WHAT A MESS I MADE!!! Good thing I laid plastic downon the floor!

Hi Dawn,

As I type this, I'm under a tent cozy with the rest of the furniturewhile the guys are painting. :) It's a gorgeous day here today andTucks is in the other room, door shut to it and next to an open window.It should be fine. One of the guys wanted to close the window becausewe're getting a nice breeze, but I said no. It's so warm, I could puthim out on the deck, but there's a lot of cats out there, and a dognext door, so I don't want to do that unless it gets strong in here.

Thanks for telling me about your parakeets, Dawn. That gave me some reassurance as they are very delicate.

Hopefully after you had such a Time in your last paint job, someonethat loves you will come in and do the job for you the next time youneed it done. That damsel in distress card is always a good one to pullout in such instances. *laughs* Only kidding.

-Carolyn

Luckily I was by my self when it happened no one to lol at me. I thinknext time my boyfriend will be doing the painting. Hemissed out on all the fun last time I would hate to deprive him of suchjoy! He was in Israel for about 2 months. He dose a lot oftraveling he is a Aircraft inspector for a charter company.

What the new color??

I hope you like the way it turns out!

What type of paint is being used? Latexdries faster and isn't as harmful as oil. Just keep Tucker ina different room and be sure it's ventilated.

Thanks Pam and Dawn :dude:

I had it painted linen white. I know, boring, but with the big windows,I like it best. They did use a Laytex paint and it dried almost asquickly as it was put on. Fumes are next to nothing now, and Tucker'sshowing no evidence of knowing anything is different.

My God! Painting sure makes you clean every nook and cranny! I need my sunglasses it's so bright and beautiful in here.
:cool:

-Carolyn

It will be WONDERFUL once I get my place cleanedup! There's a lot to do, but I'm psyched to do itbecause the place looks so much brighter and cleaner!

-Carolyn

Hey Buck?

How's those Paint Fumes?

-Carolyn

Hi Buck,

I knew that subject would catch your eye! ;)

I sympathize.

Thank God for Laytex paint. Barely any fumes and its the perfect weather right now to deal with it.

Way To Go!
:dude:

The place is going to look Great!

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!!!! I've been AWOL;) I had a booth set up at a rabbit fair where I handed outinfo and did registering and tattooing on Saturday. My friendand I had a lot of fun that dayuntil on the way home a tireblew out on my jeep on the highway. :(

I called 911, and they (state police) couldn't find us. Ifinally got ahold of my son, then my friend's phone went dead:( Finally got in touch with my husband (my phone was almostdead so we were trying to limit calls). My husband got AAAwho recommended a service station that could come out and change thetire. I had unfortunately given hubby the wrong exit number(we were farther down) -- that's why the police couldn't find us andthe service station nearly missed us (he was looking for my white jeep,which was blocked by the gray trailer I was pulling).

Then -- it started pouring down rain :( I give that guy from"Phil's towing" a lot of credit for having the courage tochangemy tire in the pouring rain with semi trucks roaring bywithin 3 feet of us.

Arrived home to find my computer in a state of perpetual"slow". Stayed up until 11 pm attempting to fix it.Woke up with a splitting headache today. Ran scans oncomputer for entire day. Finally am able to use it, however,it's still not right. As soon as I get off, I'll let thevirus scanner work on it overnight :?

I did acquire 2new bunnies at the "rabbit fair" -- beautifulEnglish Spots. One is for my daughter for 4-H, the other isfor little Matthew.

Lessons learned when traveling:

1. Be sure cell phone is charged or have a charger with you.

2. Learn how to store emergency numbers on your fancy cellphone that you only know how to answer and are lucky to be able tofigure out how to make a call :p My friend had my son's cellphone number programmed on her phone because she often follows us toshows. When her phone went dead, we were out of luck, as Icouldn't remember my son's cell number to call him back from myphone:(

3. Carry identification and a credit card foremergencies. Also have pen and paper with you and be sure tohave proof of insurance in the glove compartment.

4. Have a map with you and be aware of yourlocation. The police can't be of any help if you are notcertain where you are.

5. Always travel with a tank full of gas in case you are stranded.

6. Pull over and assess the situation if your vehicle is making an unusual noise.

7. Go potty before leaving any location, and carry some snaks and drinks with you. :)

8. Know how to use your hazard lights and emergencybreak. It would help to know how to change a tire -- but inmy case, it would have been to dangerous for us to attempt it.

9. In the event of your phone going dead, have one of those "call for help" signs you can stick on the car.

10. An emergency kit with items such as a blanket, flashlight and flares can come in very helpful.

11. I really want to stress this final point -- if you see astranded motorist *please*phone the local police or dial911. Those stranded may not have a phone and may not be ableto summon help. I do not advise stopping, as this puts you indanger in heavy traffic -- it's better to let the pro's help.

Pam

ps Carolyn -- my flowers still look as fresh as the day theyarrived, and it brought me great comfort to come home after a harrowingday,admire my flowersand be reminded of what greatfriends I have. Thank you for always being there for everyone:) I don't know what we'd do without your caring heart.

WOW! :shock:

I thought it was strange that you haven't been on for a couple of daysand figured there was a good reason, but Wooooo. There were about 50reasons! I'm printing out that list. I can't imagine what you've beenthrough and finding out all those lessons on the road.

Good God, you must've just longed for your bed! What a mess!

But you came through, as per your spirit and your strong soul, Pam.Only you could go through such a thing and find a way to put it lightlyon a forum. I would've been having a temper tantrum like Tucker beingcaged when he shouldn't be. Good God. Gets my blood boiling justthinking about where you've been.

Dogarned computer! Ya don't need that either. Bad enough you gottaworry about virus's in your kids, your hubby, your rabbits, andYOURSELF, but you gotta think about a dogarned COMPUTER getting sick!?

I don't know where this world's leading to, Pam, but it's just not right!

Sleep tight tonight,

-Carolyn

P.S. I can't believe those flowers are still going. And just think, thekids are safe and sound. All is well and you and yours are Safe andProtected, My Dear Friend.

Wow pam! What a day! Glad you're back though, we missed your posts lol.

Latest posts

Back