Possibly new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of vets being hesitant to spay, say an 8 year old female. But 2 years is still plenty young. I know rescues will spay 5 year old gals without hesitation.

I've posted this before, but spaying our previous rabbit was delayed until we found a vet who would spay a fat girl. His solution was liposuction! I'd read that by 5 years, there is a 90% probability that a girl bunny will get uterine cancer. We got Bunny neutered at 5 years. She already had tumors in her uterus..luckily they hadn't metasicized. She lived for another 6 1/2 years. After being spayed, don't know the actual reason, her weight problem went away. She was liposuctioned from 9 pounds to 8 pounds, and she never gained the pound back even though she had all the food to eat she wanted.

I don't know why a vet would be hesitant to spay a 8 year old girl. Maybe they feel they don't have longer to live.

I live in British Columbia and well there is the SPCA and some recuses but most them are more for dogs and cats and so it's hard finding a rabbit rescue but I'll keep looking and who knows I'm getting Ivy spayed it's just a question of when, I looked it up on my vets website and it's like 135 dollars but I'll do it cause she's worth it and that way she'll be safer, I don't want her getting some serious disease or something.

There are tons of rabbits to rescue in British Columbia..... this whole forum was founded by the woman whos incharge of Rabbitats and saving the Richmond and UVIC bunnies.....
All you need to do is google. Plenty of bunnies for adoption in BC

You guys were right I looked up rabbit adoption in British Columbia and I found a really excellent site showing me all these different rescues who have bunnies and bunny dating so I made an appointment and I looked at a few today with Ivy and I found one that is perfect bunny friend for her, her name is Cessily she's gorgeous. I'm gonna have a few more dates and see how it goes plus I'm getting Ivy spayed soon.

That's fantastic news, I hope it continues to go well. Keep us updated on if you adopt her or not :)

That's great news. We'll be wanting pics! ^^

Latest posts

Back