Toys...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyrj16

Reaction score
I was just wondering what kind of toys everyonegave their rabbits to play with? I have a few cat and parrot toys thati give my 5, but has anyone else got any other suggestions on what toget? I've mostly got balls and that.

Thanks,

Amy :cool:

amyrj16 wrote:
Iwas just wondering what kind of toys everyone gave their rabbits toplay with? I have a few cat and parrot toys that i give my 5, but hasanyone else got any other suggestions on what to get? I've mostly gotballs and that.

Thanks,

Amy :cool:
Welcome to the forum.I give my rabbit,Pepper woodblocks and also rabbits love to chew on everything andanything they can get their teeth into.

Toilet tissue cardbboard rolls orkitchen paper towel cardboard rolls cut to size. Stuff 'emwith hay as a treat dispenser as well.

Cardboard box with holes cut out to encourage entry/exit by curious buns.

Baby rattles and othe noise making toys, like plastic keys,

Wiffle balls from a dollar store.

Stuffed animals from dollar store, but watch to insure bun does not eat toy, instead of just playing with it.

Soda pop cans with half a dozen pepples or marbles taped or "plugged" inside.

Gnaw sticks made safe tree branches, especially the wispy ends.

Buck

I know you guys say cardboard is fine, butwhenever Meg eats it, it makes her stop pooping, or makes her poops goreally small. So, I buy nothing but plastic toys for her that she can'tswallow or break.

Mine seem to like willow chew toys the best.They've got willow chew rings, a willow tent, and a willow tunnel tht Igot from BunnyBytes. Those seem to be their favs.

Oh, and cardboard boxes, just like the kids!

Newspaper and old phone books are also a lot of fun for bunn to shred.

Untreated craft sticks are great for chewing.

I have found that storage bowls are also great toys to be thrown or carried around.

A plastic Slinky is a fun toy for bunn.

Measuring cups are also great toys that your rabbit can carry and throw.

My rabbit Apollo stole my dustpan and kitty pooper scooper as toys.I cleaned them up really good and he loves to carry them around andthrow them.

I could go on and on but you asked for suggestions, not a book lol.

Tina

Tina I hear ya with the scooper! Now if theycould only figure out HOW to use them-we would be all set..Jezebelloves to grab her's and beat it up in the bathroom (not sure why shehas unresoved issues with the pooper scooper of all things, but it isclean and plastic so I let her)

Cher

Hrm, I'll have to give some of those a try, Ithink I'll go steal from toilet paper cardboard thingys now....I'llhave to steal 5 though :S Sooo many rabbits...

Oh, What is a wiffle ball? Lol

I would give mine the pooper scooper too, but i broke ours th eother day, it snapped when i was trying to clean Sooty out :S

Lol, i wish i was american :pI'll have to look in the pound shop in the week i think :cool:

Buck is on the road, so I'll take the liberty of answering for him.

He just puts the wiffle ball in the cage and those rabbits have SO MUCHFUN throwing that ball around. Especially Calbert.

-Carolyn

I have several special made rabbit toys that Igive to them. They are hard plastic with bells inside them and theyroll. Cats toys without and fur or catnip work good too. I also givethem paper towel rolls to chew on and eat, and those little alphabetblocks for babies.

~Nichole

I give Nepo wood blocks,little balls (I think they are like wiffle balls) with bells inside, 1plastic toy, a green dolphin toy made out of wood that when bunnieschew on tastes like fruit, a wooden house except the doors are toosmall so he just chews on it and lays on top, a baby bottle pop topthat I washed really well, and a candy dispenser(its like a wheel withsomething on top to grab by. I really like using candy dispensers andstuff for toys). I used to give Nepo a fleece octopus but he was eatingto much so I took it out of his cage. I really want to buy a birdmobile, the wood blocks used to be part of a mobile, but Nepo chewed upthe string. Oh yeah I also him an easter egg that bunnies are supposedto roll but he doesn't touch it. I've also heard thatbunnieslike when youroll some pages of newspaperand playing tug-o-war with them, But Nepo just chews itup.

Latest posts

Back