Running around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyandluna

Reaction score
Quick question, does anyone else have a bun that gets into moods where they run around wherever they are? Mine are free range in my bedroom and sometimes in the other parts of the house, but Mickey gets into these moods randomly where he runs and hops sideways, jumping on and off the bed and sliding in the bathroom. Is it normal or is he trying to tell me he needs more space? Like hes tired of being in the bedroom? Dunno. Im a newer bunny owner and was curious.

Harvey has her moods. Some days she races around like a maniac. Other days she is more about being lazy and relaxing. Some days she wants to play games and get into mischief. Other days she just wants to cuddle. Some days she wants to be left alone. Other days she is so clingy and stays next to me all day. Bunnies are weird great little creatures!

Ditto raging albino above. Just like humans, some days they just have a lot of energy and want to play and run and jump; othertimes, they just want to chill and hang out.

Maybe he would like a nice hallway or something to execute a longer run? One of my rabbits loves to kind of wind up then sprint full bore through the hallway to my bedroom, jog back, then sprint back again. I think he likes to really stretch his legs and get a nice, longer run sometimes.

Running around is generally a sign of a very happy bun. My male does it every morning around 8am and every evening around 8pm. My female is mostly a snugglebug and I don't think I've ever seen her do it (she popcorns when she's happy, but that's it- she's just so lazy!). It's always something that makes me laugh when I see it!! (I'm always gone by 8am during the week, but on the weekends, it's one of the highlighs of my day)

My male rabbit does the same think. I think they do it when they're happy and feel confortable outside. He likes exploring while the others, which are female rabbits, preffer to lay down and chill and sometimes stand to eat some plants.

Andy will dart around in his pen. Since his pen is wrapped around my bed he jumps in it and jumps off, then on and then off. He'll repeat this while going SUPER fast. He's just really happy and is just burning off some energy. Usually I let him out of his pen right before bed. I try to let him run around my room as much as I can. Also if the jump up and twist their body mid air then it's called a binky, it means there really happy/excited.

I recommend the rabbit society website for great articles on rabbit care and behaviors :)

Latest posts

Back