The Grey Eyed Gentleman

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enjoyed the beginning of your blog. Your bun is adoarable!

I know Boardwalk Empire well. We are fans but have been trying to catch back up recently. When we bought our home we were too busy with renovations and building a garage to bother with tv for over a year and a half. I do like his character. My only problem with the show is that for some reason I have a lot of trouble remembering the characters name.

My mornings with Thump are not too spectacular. I usually get up early and hear him rattle his cage as I walk by. I have things keeping me busy until approximately 8:30 when I let him out of his cage and into his room. Quite often I will spend some time playing chase with him before I get back to work. He will usually then go to his town and do whatever until he eats and then settles down for his lazy time.

The worst I had from him was last year. I received a nice dose of sun burn and made the mistake of lying on his floor. At one point he decided to jump onto my back and run across it scratching my already inflamed skin with his very sharp young bun nails. I thought for sure I would see blood but it turned out it only felt that bad.

Oh, sweet! Didn't know this could be used as a general blog as well. Thought it had to be only about the buns.

When you say 'cabinet' I'm thinking like a chest of drawers for clothing-- what exactly do you mean by it? But I know exactly what you mean by the shuffle! It's the noble gait that all we rabbit guardians must learn! We must also learn how to check our butts before we sit because someone's bound to be under there wanting to know what's going on.

Ha! Poor broom! But at least she keeps herself occupied doing something that isn't noisy. It sounds like a good setup. What kind of flooring do you have, that she could go free-range? I want to do that with Harrow eventually but I fret about him getting a blockage from carpet.

Oh! A bit about me? .///. Well, I'm hoping to move soon. Hoping to get into a school that's 5 hours away. (it's annoying when others think I'm being unreasonable when I'm firm about taking Harrow with me. but they're not pet people, they don't understand, so I try to control that ire.) I should know by next week if I got in or not. I'm also hoping to get a group of people from work together to slackline soon. Slacklining is kind of like tightrope walking only it's only a few feet in the air & it's a 1 inch piece of tubular webbing you're walking/tricking on. http://cirlin.deviantart.com/art/DA-ID-5-Slackline-o-Mine-118705079 I'm going to try to bring Harrow outside for that so he can get some fresh air. If he doesn't like it I'll just leave my lines up for the others to enjoy & take Harrow home. Someone else can bring me my lines later. Aside from those hopes, not much is happening lately.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Whitelop, & for that cute morning story about Ellie! May you both be safe & happy!

Ellie's cabinet is in my kitchen. Its a bar thats in there and it has a cabinet at one end, a cubby in the middle and a larger cabinet in the other end that I made into her cage.
autx5w.jpg

She spends most of the time out in the kitchen. We have hardwoods in there, so there isn't a problem with her chewing carpet or anything.

Conan the Bunbarian!! What an awesome name. He's a Flemish too, right? I know your pain-- had a Himalayan mix who did the same thing until I installed a hopper feeder like this one: http://uniqueagro.co.in/images/Product/Feeder1.jpg Those things are darned convenient. Have you looked into them? The bowls waste so much food.

Goodness, hope Xena doesn't jump on your face. We spoke on another thread sometime back; how is Xena doing these days? & Conan, for that matter? Hope all of you are well! Can't imagine the shock of seeing a bun climbing a bookshelf. I think I'd panic!

I got a NIC cage so I'm not sure how that feeder would work. I'm planning on getting an http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002EWOA8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363922026&sr=8-1&pi=SL75 EZ Crock cause I see how I can get that in. As for climbing a shelf, I've seen them just sit on a higher shelf the little stinkers. That's why I got to keep the shelves stocked with something or they'll just use the spot.

Thanks for asking about the buns. Yeah they're Flemish and doing great the little trouble makers. Now as for Boardwalk Empire, I mean to watch it seeing as how I got two seasons saved but still have not gotten around to it. I think Steve Bescemi (however its spelled) is a brilliant actor, and I think his creepiness is such a welcome breath of fresh air since his looks are at best average which makes characters he plays far more believable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

Yay! You're the first to 'get' his name then. Good on you for leaving the TV for a while-- I did as well-- it's really nice once you realize how many hours were wasted.

Aw, playing chase. That sounds fun! Sounds like some pretty relaxed mornings.

...& then your last paragraph just made me cringe. I cannot imagine how badly that must have hurt, ooh. Used to live in Florida, know what a bad sunburn feels like. No laughing matter.

Ellie is a very beautiful rabbit & that's a pretty sweet setup! I like the idea of having her in a space like that, a space that would usually house mundane items. I like the classy little teapot-watercrock thing you've got going there, too. Is she a Lady? Does she drink delicately & never knock it over? :)

Glad to hear you're all doing well. The EZ Crock looks very attractive. I've been considering getting rid of his water bottle anyway because it looks uncomfortable for him to arch his neck & drink from it. Also it leaks. So thanks for the link; I might pick up one of those too.

The only irritation I have with Boardwalk is that there is too much sex. I'm not a sexual person to begin with & for a few episodes it seems like all they do is that. I understand other people are fond of it but if you focus on the sex there's no time to advance the plot. But.They chose one of the most interesting parts of our history & they do it tremendous justice when they focus on it.

Hm... we blow our irritations out of proportion so I'm probably overreacting. I'd be interested to know what you think of the series once you start it.

I love the Ellie picture, too funny!

We have never spent too much time watching tv as there are only a handful of shows we enjoy and look forward to. Even now most of the time we have to watch later in the week on dvr as we are too busy when a show first runs.

The character I disliked the most (remember I cannot seem to remember the names) was the crazy Italian mobster. I was very glad to see them kill him off as he just really deserved it. I have very little tolerance for those that cause harm just because.

We do have fun with our game of chase. We take turns. I still find it hard to believe that any bunny would be comfortable being chased but he loves it.

I spent most of my life up north and it would take a lot for me to get sunburned but here in the south it happens in no time at all. It once took me two days to realize my ears were throbbing because they were so badly burnt and swollen. That just never happened up north.

Buns do tend to drink more from a bowl then a bottle. Thump was used to a bottle when I brought him home but I shortly purchased him a bowl. He took to it immediately although his bottle still hangs in his cage just in the off chance he would spill all of his water. I purchased a heavy medium sized bowl. He hasn't yet taken to pushing it around his cage or otherwise playing with it. His veggie bowl is a different story however.

:)

I think you're thinking of Gyp Rosetti. The guy who took the fancy hat? Bone for tuna guy? Masochist guy? Yeah... I understand your reasoning on that one. He was too unstable to be a character I could get into, but was kind of distantly interested the entire time. Who was your favorite?

Yes, that is strange. Did he grow up with other bunnies & so develop a taste for it there?

So they drink more easily from it too. Well, guess I'm getting a bowl then like you guys did. Was afraid of one when I had does, had heard about 'wet dewlap', but Harrow's dewlap is a only a little dorky looking goatee thing.

Veggie bowl-- my mini lop used to make a consistent practice of tipping her salad bowl & wearing it as a hat!

I don't watch Boardwalk Empire but wanted to chime in about Steve Buschemi. I LOVE him. I love his creepiness and oddness and everything. I think his acting is spectacular.

I loved him in the movie Fargo.

Yes, it was Gyp Rosetti I was thinking of. I just could not wait for him to be gone. His character was just the type of person I can stand the least. I do like Steve Buschemi as an actor as well as his character on Boardwalk but I would have to say that Richard Harrow is my favorite. He has a heart and yet will do what must be done with no qualms. I could not imagine his character ever hurting someone that was not doing wrong. Part of it also is that I feel for him of course due to his injury. That is not an easy thing to live with. I have always had a soft spot for similar characters, anyone that is different and suffers because of it.

I remember as a very young child being at a haunted house at our area high school. I was very scared until I saw a person dressed as Frankenstein. Then I just smiled and was no longer scared because Frankenstein never scared me. I felt for him because he was just misunderstood. He was different and because of that people turned against him.

I brought Thumper home when he was ten weeks old. Until then he was with his siblings but hasn't been with a bun since. He is very laid back most of the time and surprised me a lot in the beginning because he does not spook at things I would have expected a bun to.

They definitely do seem to get more water with a bowl. I did not realize it could be a problem with females and their dewlaps. I have heard some prefer a bottle just due to less mess.

Going back to an earlier post, I do not need sex to be a part of a show for me to enjoy it. Sometimes I do just get fed up with so much of television, commercials and movies being about sex or at least involving it. I know it can be an important part of some plots but it is too much in use for my taste, although I am by no means a prude.

Oh goodness. Today I told my coworker that I'd 'bring Harrow in' to get his nails clipped. The coworker now thinks I named the rabbit Heroin.
:biggrin2: "What's that?" "Oh, Cirlin-rah brought heroin." "Dude, there are kids next to you. Don't say that so loud..."

Richard Harrow is… not easy for me to emphasize with physically. I just can’t comprehend living with an injury that severe. I can’t imagine it, tho’ I’ve tried. But on that subject, I love how the injury limit’s the character. They actually show it being difficult to eat/drink. You hear the toll it took on his larynx. So many characters I’ve run into casually/in TV have ‘injuries’-- drawbacks-- that never actually impair them. So, good character writing here.

Also, I saw this & I thought of you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ppGXF8_OvCc

Younger-you’s reaction to Frankenstein was adorable! I don’t think many children are able to cut straight through to the empathy & to a smile. Brought a smile to my face I tell ya!

I did buy a water bowl-- it’s my new favorite purchase for him. (I actually found the perfect one at a store I hate but left it on the shelf & bought at a store that isn‘t dumb) It looks more comfortable for him, he does seem to drink more… & it surprisingly doesn’t accrue many strands of fur. Everything else in my room is covered with fur, but not the water bowl that’s always near his fuzzy body? What gives!

It didn’t sound prudish at all. I agree with you, sex is way overused.

I got into Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. The semester starts May 28th. Aah, there's so much to doooo~ my biggest priority for the move is finding a bigger cage for Harrow since I will be away at classes & he will need to have access to a litter box.

I will have to quit my job at the rock gym because Pittsburgh is 5 hours away... but there is another rock gym 2 miles from PIMS & they are hiring so hopefully I can get a job there!

I'm looking forward to the change of pace & the variety of the workload at PIMS. I feel confident about that but I won't feel completely at-ease until I have a pet-friendly apartment locked in. My family seems to think that Harrow coming with me is negotiable & that concerns me greatly. My family is being ever-supportive & ever-helpful so I feel bad complaining about it... Mom said she would watch him while I'm away but I take care of Harrow the best & he needs me. I'm not leaving him behind.

Wow. Congrats on your new venture learning about Mortuary science. Not a traditionally common field to go into but a noble one at that and definitely job security as it will always be needed!

I think it's grat to take Harrow with you. Many people work full time but can still provide enoug time and attention to a bunny. Harrow will be a good study buddy :)

Latest posts

Back