Larry & Nancy Bunny Village

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's at the top of our list for sure. We'll be taking Molly in tomorrow for the last time--she's just laying on her side and can't move anymore. I am happier when they pass here in their sleep and really just hate to make that vet trip. I was shook up by Finn's passing, but, he was happy all the time and then just was gone so suddenly that he didn't suffer and I didn't have to take him in and have him PTS. Hard to believe but she'd be 16 if she'd have made it to July. And on a lighter note, was using the shop vac today to clean up the poop and cardboard bits with Mr Hoppes out and it was quite a chore as he followed me all around and kep trying to look up the tube. Some of the bunnies don't like the Vac and some of them are a pain in the southern end. The funniest is Nikki, our avatar. She'll flop right next to it and go to sleep on the floor with it running, and it's a gigantic vac, not one of the small ones. I've always admired her sleeping abilities, like the avatar pic with her asleep on her back and her feet in the air. Very strange! When she was a kit she'd sleep inside a piece of PVC pipe so I guess she was used to sleeping inverted because of the curvature, or maybe she's just goofy.

So sorry about Molly, that's a record age for any bun and it must be terrible to have to decide but you know her so well. Will be thinking of you, I dread reading the bridge posts particularly of bunnies we know so well.

All the rabbits are fine, but, we're the one's with the problems. I have COPD so I know my days are numbered--I caught a cold so I thought they were gonna be really shortened. The real problem we have right now is with Nancy. She's got several intestinal problems including Colitis and got such a bad infection she spent 3 days in intensive care and is now on her 3rd course of anti-biotics. The doctor also mentioned the possibility of have to remove some of her intestines as her infection was so bad it was causing her kidneys to shut down. Now for the good stuff--all the bunnies are doing well and I'm thinking of telling larryng that Peanut ran away as I don't want to give her back. Still looking for a canine too to replace Amy with--miss our old giant girl. Ta ta for now!

I am so sorry for the losses you have suffered as well as for the health problems both of you are dealing with.

Glad to hear all of the other buns are doing well and good luck with finding a new doggy family member. Some day before I pass I am determined to share my life with an Irish Wolfhound.

Crazy cat lady or Crazy rabbit lady? Pretty sure I'd pick the rabbits! How is everything going Larry?

Every little thing is fine here. The bunnies are healthy, we've had our finch for a little over a year now and he's doing great. Fry, our puppy is growing like a weed--he's 6 months as of the 12th and and now weighs 108 pounds--he's gonna be gigantic. Got a new motorcycle, a Harley CVO Road King in tribal orange. Still all above ground and breathing so what more could you ask for?

And now for an update on Fry. He's more of a planetoid than Canine and we took him in this morning to get neutered. We have to keep him in for a week and cone him at night for 4 nights, so we will be prisoners in our own home. Oh well! Just finished reading "The Fault in Our Stars". Excellent, depressing, but still excellent.

Glad everyone is doing well. Hope ya'll had a good Christmas and New years. If you ever need someone in Va to babysit your pup, just holler. :) Love big dogs, the bigger the better. I read that book a while back. It was a bit depressing. I think they made a movie.

They did make a movie! Even knowing what happens in the book, it's pretty heartwrenching to watch. Glad to hear Fry is doing well! :)

We're still good and Fry is now gigantic. Took him to the vet and boy did we get stared at on the way over. Had the sunroof open and he was sitting the whole time with his head out and looking around. Do have some bad news though. Serena, our Checkered Giant has been losing weight and having mobility problems. She is 11, so it's not a big shock, but her days with us are numbered. She has always been a friendly lap/cuddle bunny--it's the pits having to take her in for that last visit.

Would love to see Fry. One of the twins has become very interested in great danes. Although the other likes all breeds but the small ones.

I am sorry you must once again deal with such a sad and heart breaking situation.

Everyone is older and one day closer.............. Fry is huge now and we have his brother from another litter, Bender and he is huge but not quite as big as Fry. Our avatar, Nikki is around 9 years old now and is completely blind, but I haven't changed things in her room for more than 4 years, so, she still gets around pretty well and even runs. She's our baby as everyone else is older. Bambi has got to be getting close to 14 now--she does show her age a little but is still doing just fine and has always been the best jumper. Nancy has photos of everyone on her facebook page under the same name as this.

Everyone is fine and the dogs are even bigger. Our avatar, Nikki is blind and deaf and has been losing weight--she was never heavy to begin with. Don't think it will be too much longer till we have to make that final trip that I absolutely loathe so much. Maybe some good news though for me--stem cell treatment is showing promise countering COPD, so I'm on the list for interview and possible experimental treatment--so far they have an 80% success rate but I know nothing of the screening and how many get rejected initially, so with stats it's always a crap shoot.

Latest posts

Back