New here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyblue

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Carrie and I am a new rabbit owner. I was looking at rabbits with my husband and daughter at our county fair, and decided to look into it more before making any decisions. I decided maybe we should foster to see how things worked out. We were given a foster rabbit who could be anywhere from 7-9 years old. Although my daughter loves him, he is not very affectionate. His name is Sunny bunny.

Someone I knew was looking for a home for her rabbit and my daughter and I went over to visit. This rabbit was so sweet, and loved affection, even let my daughter hold him for quite a while. No animal we have had has been this loving to my daughter even though she has always been very gentle with them. We took in this rabbit as well. His name is Little Blue.

I just brought Little Blue home. I have the two rabbits, (foster who is neutered and Blue who is not) in different cages, but in the same room. If in their cage, they cannot see each other, but when out, will not leave each other alone.

I only let one out at a time, and they go to each others cages and kiss through the bars, but Sunny Bunny (who is neutered) also thumps the whole time. I am confused. He thumps but acts very affectionate toward Blue. Is he mad or does he like him?

Thanks for reading

Carrie

Rabbits are very territorial and most do not get along without some intervention by humans--bonding. Not all can be bonded and each one is different--some are friendly and affectionate and some are meaner than rabid pitbulls. All of ours are rescues so we have had to work with some extensively and others are sweet as honey. Time, work, and bribery will bring around most. Not a good idea to let a neutered and un-neutered out together as it could end in a lot of blood. Welcome to the forum and we look forward to seeing some pics.

Back