New Bunny Mom question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vsnarab

Reaction score
Ok...I have one litter of 7 Lionheads - I bought the doe pregnant...so I don't know the history of her prior litters, but two of them are not like the others - 5 of them have full coats - one has hardly any hair at all and the other is very sparse. Thoughts? Are they just behind? They are growing like the others - are the same size, active...just hairless. ;(

There is alway a "peanut or 2" in a litter. They are like runts of the litter and are always smaller and behind a little but from the others. Most likely the peanuts don't survive.
It also may just be that they are just a little behind and will catch up soon!

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

I hope so...they seem to be the same size as the others - just no hair...poor little ones...

As I understand it, some Lionhead newborns lag behind the others developing fur, especially if they are going to be full maned Lionheads. Maybe that's what is going on?

Yes, I think I've heard that too. I think it's double-maned lionhead kits have bare patches, particularly around the sides and neck. And then those bare spots have the proper thick mane once they've grown out.

Well...bad news - we lost both of them. :( I guess nature knows what it is doing right!!!

Latest posts

Back