How to cure swollen foot.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FascinaRabbits

Reaction score
So I went to check on my buns today and someone broke into my shed, and tied up my NZ buck Reebok's feet together like hogtied and he was stuck there with his feet drenched in urine. I am so infuriated right now you can't even believe. I put a lock on my shed door with a key lock. But there's no way he could have done this himself. It was knotted, like tied. I got the rope off and he's hopping around but his back (left I think) foot is swollen SO HUGE! I can't even believe there was someone out there who broke into ym shed and did this to ym poor animal. I borught Reebok inside but he's back outside in the shed in his cage right now. How do I treat a swollen foot. Please don't lecture about anything, I feel bad enough as it is, and I am SOOO mad!

I would put some ice on it for a few minutes at a time and see if the swelling goes down. He is probably in pain, do you have pain meds? If not I would get some metacam or buprenex, and give him some that is correct for his size and weight. I am not sure if heat will help or not.

Metacam, Buprenex are pain meds that I have posted in my first post on this thread. Natural ways to kill pain would be to put an ice pack on his foot for a few minutes, as long as he can tolerate the cold. When you can get to the vet then I would take him in and have it checked and probably get some pain meds.

I understand completely. If anything like this happened with my two rabbits I would be hun ting the person down for sure. I hope things get better for Reebok.

Get well soon Reebok!

how long was the circulation cut off from his foot?..how long ago did u check on them?.. rub his foot and leg for now ,,try and get circulation moving in it again...

GetInline-1.jpg

That's his feet yesterday. He's normally snow whire and there was poop stuck to his back legs too. I am so disgusted in teh human race right now.

Can he hop on it? I'm sure that he needs pain meds and the vet will probably want an x-ray to make sure nothing is broken.

What a horrible thing to find. Good luck.

FascinaRabbits wrote:
GetInline-1.jpg

That's his feet yesterday. He's normally snow whire and there was poop stuck to his back legs too. I am so disgusted in teh human race right now.

That is just terrible. I hope whoever did this pays for what they did to Reebok.

I hope that the vet can do something for Reebok. Reebok: please get better quickly and try to use your legs/feet as much as possible.

[align=center]I hope whoever did this pays. That's HORRIBLE. I don't know how someone could do that to an innocent rabbit. Or to any animal! The human race disgusts me so much. Animals are one of the only things that give me hope in this world anymore. Sending good thoughts to Reebok, I hope it just feels sore and nothing's wrong. :pray:

u really need to try and find out who did this..cuz they will do it again to another innocent animal.did they steal anything or harm any more animals??..i dont think his leg is broke i think they tied his legs together too tight and it cut off the circulation to one of em..if i ever find a person who does anything like this to an animal ..i would go to jail for what i would do to them...

Okay people, I borught him to the vet and the vet siad nothing is broken but to ice his ankle and rub it to make sure the circulation starts flowing again. He said if the swelling doesnt go down to bring him in again. I installed 3 locks on the door of my shed to make sure no one can get in there, all 2 are key locks. If I find the sick b**tard who did this they're in for a whole new world of trouble.

Glad to hear that nothing is broken. That poor foot looked awful. I wonder if something like a baby monitor in your shed would be worthwhile. You'd be able to hear if anyone broke in.

i would also ask around your neighborhood to see if anyone else had problems, because as someone else said, they probably have done it before and will do it again. and maybe somebody saw something. you would be surprised at what your neighbors see sometimes.

Latest posts

Back