Show Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breonna0872

Reaction score
I have very recently joined my local 4-H group to show my beloved French angora Mabel. I have several questions regarding showing her and showing in general.
Today (7/12/17) I had her ear clamp tattooed. She has fine white hair that she managed to smear the green ink on her paw. How long will it take to grow it out? Also, when is it safe to remove the left over ink from her skin on her ear? I would like to ensure the tattoo stays on her ear for as long as possible, but I have 16 days till I show. I have no experience showing rabbits in 4-H and I've never been able to watch the local shows. I have 8 years of experience with lots of rabbits I have had in the past. When talking about discolored nails, are all nails meant to be one color? What do I wear when I show her? What does 4-H mean by Double caging for larger angora breeds? What do I need to bring when I show her?
If I think of anymore questions, I will be sure to add to the thread. Thanks for reading!

For her ear and paw I am assuming that the ink is gone by now?

In a show a judge can disqualify a rabbit for mismatched toenails. This means the one or two toenails on one foot are either lighter or darker than the others

For your outfit in prospect shows I would usually wear a nice western shirt with nice jeans and boots. I am thinking you will wear the same

When double caging her they mean in coops I think. This just means she will have more room than the other breeds

I am not sure about what you need to bring hopefully you can get your answer from your 4h leader or maybe that link that was posted

Latest posts

Back