Undersized Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoxxRabbits32

Reaction score
I have a 10-month-old pedigree mini rex who seems very tiny compared to my other rabbits. She is smaller than my Netherland dwarfs. I was just wondering the average size for a mini rex her age. She is very healthy otherwise. I can post pics if that would help show her size.

I am in the process of getting a scale so unfortunately I don't have an exact weight, but I have attached some pictures.

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

I don't have exact experience with this but in the standard for mini Rex it says:
Senior Does- 6 months of age and over, 3 1/4 to 4 1/2 pounds. Ideal weight 4 1/4 pounds.

A mini Rex should not be smaller than a Netherland dwarf as their max weight 2 1/2 pounds

I will get a weight on her as soon as I get a scale. I was going to use her for breeding but because of her size, I am probably just going to keep her as a pet. She is a very nice doe, just super tiny. Does anyone else have any experience with abnormally small rabbits?

From her top down view it looks like I can see her spine. She also looks to be molting. Are you sure she isn't underweight? Also sometimes bunnies can look in poor condition when molting because they don't eat very well. This could have something to do with that but as far as her compared to your hand she looks about the size of mini Rex I have seen previously at shows. From your hand photo I wouldn't say she is abnormally small but maybe the photo is decieving

Yeah, she is molting at the moment so she has been eating a bit less but otherwise, she is in very good condition. I own many rabbits and she actually eats quite a bit for her small size. I have another pedigreed mini rex doe that is about the same age who is much larger and was a show rabbit before I bought her. The larger doe placed in many shows before I bought her so that's why I assumed that she was abnormally tiny. I will get some better pictures tomorrow if I don't forget.

I will get some better pictures because the previous ones make her appear larger than she actually is.

Latest posts

Back