Show questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleman1982

Reaction score
The fiance and I recently brought home a rex. The couple that we got him from bred for temperament and show, so of course now she wants to show the new family member.

My question is, what do you have to do to show? How long does the process take? He comes with pedigree, but I have no idea what to do with it and where to start.

Thanks in advance,
DJ

Perhaps you can share your location? As I believe the showing process is different depending where you live.
Maybe a photo and more info on the rabbit? In some breeds not all colours are showable either. We have a few pro breeders here and some show experts that might pop by and chime in.
does the rabbit have a tattoo?

Perhaps you can share your location? As I believe the showing process is different depending where you live.
Maybe a photo and more info on the rabbit? In some breeds not all colours are showable either. We have a few pro breeders here and some show experts that might pop by and chime in.
does the rabbit have a tattoo?
View attachment 20170313_183140.jpg
We're located in the Florida panhandle. Pensacola area. He doesn't have his tattoo yet, we're dropping him off Friday for a deworming and to get his tattoo, and picking him up Saturday morning.

You can file away the pedigree for now. You'll need it if you breed him or decide later to register him. Keep in mind that if you want to show him you can't get him fixed.

Go to the ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders) website and do a search of shows in your area. You can get a wealth of information by going to one and talking with the other breeders.

You can file away the pedigree for now. You'll need it if you breed him or decide later to register him. Keep in mind that if you want to show him you can't get him fixed.

Go to the ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders) website and do a search of shows in your area. You can get a wealth of information by going to one and talking with the other breeders.
How do the shows work though, we're closer to most shows in Georgia and Alabama than we are a lot of the Florida shows. Can we be out of state, have to be members of any clubs?

Just to elaborate on previous posts. Once you find a show to go to there should be information on how to enter. Many new shows are offering early entry where you mail in your information and payment and don't have to deal with it the morning of. These shows will give you info on where or how to send them your entry and a due date. Also some shows will say same day entry meaning you sign up for the show the morning of. These shows will have a time to be entered by. Did your breeder talk to you about how to enter him in a show? If not you can double check when he goes for his tattoo but for breed you put Standard Rex. Variety will be Broken. Class/Sex will be Junior if the rabbit is less than 6mos of age Intermediate if it is 6-8 mos of age and Senior if it is over 8 mos and then you would put Buck for male. For example Jr Buck would mean a male less than 6 mos.

Once you have sent in your entry then you prepare. I know there are threads on here asking about what to bring to a show or how to prepare that you could search for but if you have specific questions you can always ask

Latest posts

Back