Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickers

Reaction score
It was horrible this lady let her rabbit loosefor days and it was found by a garbageshoot in her aptcomplex. Her was gray with flopped ears soo cute but reallyskinny and all matted. I wanted to just hug it. It ended upweighing 5 lbs at the animal hospital and that breed was suppose toweigh around 15 lbs and the lady said she didn't notice it gone! grrr

I wanted to but I wanted to see what happened...it was nice to see she went home with the vet tech.....

That rabbit was so upset grrr

how do you not notice that your pet is gone? when i am on my way home i get excited to see my little babies.

ps-(my first forum rant)

-i wish that animal cruelty laws were much tougher. hurting an animalto me is the same as hurting a child cause they can't defend themselveswell, or at all. we as a society should be protecting those that cannotprotect themselves. and i just get so sick when i hear about animalsgetting neglected/killed etc...

i hear the news about cases of animal cruelty, and the "punishment" issome fine or in the worst cases, maybe a couple of months of jail time.it doesn't seem right to me.

i hope i haven't offended anyone. these thing just make me pretty upset.

Nicole

thats how I felt....they said the max for animalcruelity was $1000 woo whoo. So someone can beat animal and just pay afine or but in a lil time in jail while this animal will probably dieor have to be put to death cause it wouldnt be adopted. It is so sad....

I saw it, and no way was that bunny supposed tobe 15lbs from lookin at it! LOL!. Corky watched it withme...told em they were finally saving a bunny!!!!

Unfortunately making the animal cruelty lawsmore strict won't help much. The ones that are truely neglected won'tget seized and the ones who are taken care of will be. I watched someshows about the SPCA taking animals (horses and dogs mainly) that wereshow animals but they supposedly found animals that were living w/their own feces or were sick. The horses were under a veterinarianscare but they still took them, the owner fought the case though b/c hisanimals were worth so much money and he eventually got most of themback but some of them were lost. Another was of a lady who was breedingthis certain sort of dog and she went on vacation, a neighbor wasfeeding/watering the dogs and the SPCA came and took all the dogs whileshe was on vacation, even her pet housedog, because they were "housedwith their own feces." Excuse me, but it's impossible for animals tonever be with their own droppings. Especially if the lady was onvacation and the neighbor was taking care of them. She never got herdogs back though. Yet I see animals that are skin and bones and interrible conditions, we've turned them in and yet they continue to livein the same place.

Kat

KatsMeowTree wrote:
Unfortunately making the animal cruelty laws more strictwon't help much. The ones that are truely neglected won't get seizedand the ones who are taken care of will be. I watched some shows aboutthe SPCA taking animals (horses and dogs mainly) that were show animalsbut they supposedly found animals that were living w/ their own fecesor were sick. The horses were under a veterinarians care but they stilltook them, the owner fought the case though b/c his animals were worthso much money and he eventually got most of them back but some of themwere lost. Another was of a lady who was breeding this certain sort ofdog and she went on vacation, a neighbor was feeding/watering the dogsand the SPCA came and took all the dogs while she was on vacation, evenher pet housedog, because they were "housed with their own feces."Excuse me, but it's impossible for animals to never be with their owndroppings. Especially if the lady was on vacation and the neighbor wastaking care of them. She never got her dogs back though. Yet I seeanimals that are skin and bones and in terrible conditions, we'veturned them in and yet they continue to live in the same place.

Kat
That makes me mad:mad::mad::mad::growl:

Thats just awful..I always watch Animal CopsHouston since they have the horse cases..and every now andthen the other Animal Cops..and its just awful what people do.. I thinkthe people who do what they do to animals be put through theEXACT same cruelty they did to the animals for the same amountof time they did it to them..THEN pay the fine......And how do you notnotice your pet is gone??..Crazy

makes me mad too. but makes me love my pets more (if thats even possible).

when people always say "when i win the lottery... i would buy..." Wellmy dream would be to buy a huge farm and go straight to the HumaneSociety, and say, "everyone is coming home with me!" And i'd have vetson site...So many ideas...So little $$$.(sigh)

Orions_girl16 wrote:
Thats just awful..I always watch Animal Cops Houstonsince they have the horse cases..and every now and thenthe other Animal Cops..and its just awful what people do.. I think thepeople who do what they do to animals be put through the EXACTsame cruelty they did to the animals for the same amount of time theydid it to them..THEN pay the fine......And how do you not notice yourpet is gone??..Crazy
Same here!!! :highfive:.......It's so horrible what they do toanimals.....i can't stand cock fighting or any of the other "sports"like that.....:disgust:what low lifes, one cock fight was raided,leading to the arrest of like 127 people or somefin like that.

Ellie

i was watching a few days ago and some guy had arubber band around this dog coco's muzzle it was on so tight it cutright thru and she needed major amounts of stitches..........andsomeone else moved out their apartment but left their pitbullbehind...when the vet examined her on a scale of 1-5 5 being the worstthe vet wanted to give dutchess a 6 .. it was so sad b/c even tho shewas totally starved and dehydrated she was the sweetest dog ..she keptkissing the police officers and everyone at the vets office..i couldntbelieve that she was that friendly...it makes me sick to my stomachwhen i hear how these ppl hurt these innocent animals

I'm sure some people on here might disagree withwhat I'm about to say but a few weeks ago I was in Mexico and they hadan American Rodeo tournament on tv in one bar and I was very shocked atsome of the competitive events that were taking place at thisRodeo. There was one event where they caught a calf, slammedit down and tied it up and I was quite disturbed to see that happening- we don't have anything similar to this rodeo idea in theUK. Anyway, the calfs, bulls and horses being used seemed tobe well groomed and maybe well treated but I'm not sure they werehappy...surely a baby cow doesn't enjoy being captured, slammed downand tied up??

Is anyone else familiar with this event and am I taking it in the wrong spirit?

I'm not going to disagree with you but maybe Ican explain it to you a bit more. Steer Wrestling is one ofthe events that they havefor rodeo. The steers are only usedfor a while because then they get too big. They're fed all they can tomake them stronger, more fit and healthy at the good rodeos, this makesit harder for the cowboys to catch them. Living on a farm I can tellyou a bit more about the "bull-headed" cows. There is no other way toget a cow down then to turn it's head, it actually puts them offbalance so they fall down. Tying their feet is so that you can brandthem and they don't kick your lights out. The object is not to hurt theanimal but to get the job done quickly. Everything in the rodeo has todo with something that would correspond to a ranch or some farmersstill use those techniques too... not many that I know of though.Barrel racing would be the cow ponies that were so valued back then,cutting out animals from the herd quickly and so one. Steer Wrestling Ialready explained. Bull Riding: well, I'm not exactly sure why they dothat and I seriously don't get why you'd want to ride a bull! lol! BareBack or Saddle Bronc used to be to break the horses to be riden. Somecan't be broke though. The horses are bred for their strength andagility... I sure wouldn't want to ride that either. Other things arejust for show. There are very strict rules for Rodeos now so that theyare inspected and can be shut down for mistreatment. I like to go tothe corals when they have a rodeo in my area and check up on theanimals just to make sure they are ok. I've not found any beingmistreated or sick yet; if I ever do I will stop going and turn themin.

Kat

I was in Spain once and i saw this festival onTV where they let a bull loose in the streets. All the people taunt itand run in front of it and try to get on it's back. The poor bulllooked terrified! Poor thing. Then at the end they killied it!!!grrr...:X

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
I saw it, and no way was that bunny supposed to be 15lbsfrom lookin at it! LOL!. Corky watched it with me...told emthey were finally saving a bunny!!!!
I think it was a French Lop. It was too cute. I felt so bad for that poor baby!

Jen

I stopped watching animalplanet , I cant deal with allthe crap they throw out ,EVERY show lately has beenabout cruelty andbeing I am all for getting the wordout I dont want it shoved inmy face 24/7 . I also usedto watch DiscoveryChannel it too has been ratherlousy to watch ,

I got to thinking WHYwould I sit here andwatch something as inhumane andcruel as they are showing ,Isnt it just as badto Sit there and watch thisstuff , ? Thise Channles and theirprograming is just as cruel ,for showing it repeatedly ,

Think about this watch 12 programs fromAnimal Planet the onesthat deal with abuse , Watchhow many of those animals are actuallyrehomed and How many are putdown , the majority are put tosleep , they dont want to eventry and rehab them , dont wantto be bothered , I was watchingone night , where theyput down a perfectly healthy cat , it hada broken leg Big dealits fixable , nope didnt wantto deal with it so they put itdown .

that was 2 nights ago , Cassi watches it allthe time , I had thecable turned off , shewouldnt stay off the channel and I refuseto use lock out , so nocable Now I dont have to dealwith the stupidity anymore .

Latest posts

Back