Lice In Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
Hello

In my bunny barn at the corner is a one 5 stacker of my kids guinea pigs. Yesterday I found LICE of 2 of the cages. EWWW.

SO I treated them all with topical ivermection..cleaned the cages..etc..and MOVED the stacker to the garage (warm) for a month during treatment.

I DO NOT want that in my barn with my elops.

I treated my elops as a precaution JUST IN CASE. But I am assuming lice from cavies can go to rabbits..correct? I sprayed the area where the pigs where down with flea/tick/lice spray..Zodiak...and wiped down..as well as a light mix of bleach..(very light ..had the ventaltion going for my buns)

Anyhow..lice can go to the rabbits? Correct? I did all I can to clean/treat...so now I am at the mercy of the treatment.

EWWWWWWWW

Ok thanks

Will check that out.
But the zodiak...was not used ON the pigs.

The post states it was used in the area where they were.
;)

Misty

bluepez wrote:
Like I said. Please read my first post.
I AM not using zodiak ON the guinea pigs OR rabbits.
please read my post.
thanks

I did read your post and I am only tring to clarify whether or not this product is even safe near rabbits/guinea pigs.
The reason I am attempting to clarify it is not only for your benefit but because many other forum members read Infirmary posts to gain information and we attempt to be as correct as possible to ensure the health of their small animals.

Latest posts

Back