Hello from Lil'Rhody!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnaugrim

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

lil'naugrim here! I've been around on forums so you might have seen my username before! If not, it's all good ^_^

I'm a huge fish and reptile enthusiast with 10 reptiles currently (listed in my sig) and lots of fish including one 29 gallon FOWLR salt tank! I have four species of wild Bettas as well! (Wajok, Rutilans, Siamentorialis, and Hendra). I have two cats at my father's house and my newest addition is Remington, an English Lop!

Rem, formerly known as Wiki (cute name but didn't quite fit him, it was "too cute" lol), is a great bun! I'm not new to total bun care but there are always intricacies that aren't as well known of course! So that's why I'm here; bun specific questions! yay!

Rem was an adoption and not one that was entirely planned, though as soon as I knew I was getting him I made sure to read up on everything I can which was one reason for joining this forum! He was given to me with a lot of things but I do plan on improving them and making them bunny safe when I can!

This was what came with Rem:
  • 4x1.5 foot rabbit cage
  • Litter box
  • Water bottle (Have bowls on order to see what he likes more)
  • Food bowl (that he loves to tip over, so getting tip-proof bowls for him)
  • Outside cage Hay container
  • Giant thing of Pine Shavings (I know the "risks" for this. Will not use in the future since I'm allergic to it anyway)
  • Some Compressed Pine for litter
  • DuMor Advanced Adult feed
So far I've bought him more play things and things to chew on as well as the bowls. I plan to try a fleece liner for his cage when he's in it as well as foam underneath the cage to dampen his thumping at night since it scared mom the other day. So hence the fleece as well. if it turns out that he doesn't like it, I'll just ditch it and try hay or something. He wasn't a fan of bedding as far as I can see but hasn't peed on the sheet of fleece I gave him to play with or lay on. I'll upgrade his food as well. He gets veggies and chows down on them! But I know his fiber in his pellets should be higher as well.

I have a vet lined up from this forum and his first checkup will be soon! He's still intact so he'll be getting snipped soon after!

Down the line, I may work out getting him a friend. I'd love to have a Lionhead or a Rex (SO SOFT) or a Chinchilla if I can find one! I've already talked to folks about pairings and bondings, I have plenty of time to read on it!

I'll be moving into my apartment soon around April or so. Renting from my dad and he's allowing me to keep pets :)
When I get there I'll build him one of those grate cage things that everyone does so he has some more room as well as space for a friend if things work out! Pretty much every space he has access to will be bunny proofed as well so that works out well.

I'm pretty excited about this new adventure! I'll grab more photos later when I'm home and not at work ^_^ One of the reasons for joining this forum also was because it wasn't blocked at work lol!
Wiki.jpg

Wow! How do you find the energy for all that work caring for so many critters? I have a reeftank and between that and Harvey ( our bun) my week is full enough. I do love reptiles though. They are great. I'd get some for sure if I had the money and energy. Are you moving the FOWLR? We moved the reef 3 years ago and ug, what a nightmare. Best of luck!

Hey, I used to live in Lil Rhody back in the 70's. I'm sure that long before you were born!

When our kids were young, we had all kinds of critters--snakes, lizards both big and small, 4 tarantulas, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 12 aquariums from 5 to 70 gallons. Boy, we sure had a lot of energy then!

That's amazing!
I've downsized quite a bit from what I used to have, though it fluctuates depending on where my interests lie; breeding fish or not breeding mostly.

Wow! How do you find the energy for all that work caring for so many critters? I have a reeftank and between that and Harvey ( our bun) my week is full enough. I do love reptiles though. They are great. I'd get some for sure if I had the money and energy. Are you moving the FOWLR? We moved the reef 3 years ago and ug, what a nightmare. Best of luck!

Hey, I used to live in Lil Rhody back in the 70's. I'm sure that long before you were born!

Well, I'm still only 25 so that helps haha!
But it is a lot of work and I am looking to downsize some of the critters. The reptiles aren't very demanding and you don't have to feed them twice a day which is nice. The adults typically eat daily or every other day depending on the species. So not so bad!

The FOWLR isn't as bad as a reef tank. It's just rocks so all you have to do is put those in a 5 gallon bucket with water (crazy heavy though) to keep them from dying. Usually several 5 gallon buckets need to be used. But no, I'm not keeping that tank, that will be donated to one of the schools around Providence. I have a fish store owner who is a friend of mine and he's going to help me rehome it all :)

Heh yeah, wasn't even a twinkle in my mom's eye! She was still a youngin' too actually! She was 18 when she had my older brother back in '84.

Hi lilnaugrim and welcome, im new here as well, love your lop very cute. Deffinately go with a bigger cage more room means room for more toys and play time. I to use to have many many reptiles as back in the day when reptiles were in higher demand we were running a reptile rescue and many unwanted and mistreated and negelected came thru our doors many sick and many we couldnt save. We also ran our own exotic pet shop we also did school lectures and tours teaching children how to rpoperly care for there pet reptiles and non reptiles and also what to not handle and stay away from and our oldest daughter at that time age 7 then again at 8 yrs old won the science fair 2 yrs in a row first place grand prize once with a rare tarantual and again with a hedgehog, we owned many many diffrent boas, pythons corn snakes and other snakes to many to mention and also many frogs our favwas always our 8 pound African Burrowing Bullfrog aka Pixie frog male his name was pancake as he was as big as a dinner plate and flate unless he was mad at you and would swell up with air and lung at you we even had a converted room with small wadding pool for the amarican aligator, i raised 79 tarantuals several species of scorpions, giant millapides, we also had 2 dogs 1 cat 2 horses 2 lama's and a few cows. The kids had a great life growing up and all there school friends would come over to hang out and see all the animals and sit and learn all they could and would always say " Your mom and dad are so cool!!" Till the day we found out our youngest daughter had a non curable brain tunor and thats when it all ended we had to retire and find homes for everone as we had to devote all our time to our daughter she spent the next 3 yrs in and out of hospitals going thru surgeries, kemo, radiation and last a test drug. Life was very hard on us at that point. BUT the few pets we did keep kept us going and made us smile even when things were as bad as it could get our pets brung us hope. We helped them they helped us. Pets are not just pets they become part of the family they show us love in the way they only know how to we just have to learn to read that way that they do. Now that my kids have grow and my husband and i are older and we are both disabled our dogs and fish and buns are what keep us company, the dogs show us love faithfulness devotion and my service dog helps me all the time, the fish are calmmin effect and love watching them very peaceful. The buns are just so sweet and they really do get to be loving at times and very sweet and they really do learn alot and quickly to. They also make you laugh alot with there silly antics..

May you enjoy your new adventure with Remington and you become best of friends for the rest of his life.:wave2

Latest posts

Back