doe nesting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi my doe had babies a while ago and she is not pregnant. she is building a nest right now. what is she doing?

Most likely she just has a false pregnancy, it's quite common at this time of the year, nest building and even fur plucking is normal and wont last long. Just give her hay and let her do like it were the real thing.

The other option is that you seperated the young ones less than 32 days ago, and there was a buck with more than three months among them, then it could be a real pregnancy.

Well, that's a rather tight schedule, not extreme like back to back breeding, but tight anyway. I prefer to not wean the kits prior 8 weeks and let her recover, you'll have to remove them at about somewhat less than 5,5 weeks, a few days before the doe kindles.

Don't get me wrong, I guess many commercial breeders have tighter schedules, so it works for them, and I'm sure many learned through trial and error, and now know what they are doing.

There aren't many kits in the current litter, right? That would make it less stressful for the doe.

Latest posts

Back