Bonded pair after a vet stay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyofeflat

Reaction score
Good evening. I have a bonded pair, Dahlia and Marley. I adopted them already bonded and their foster mom told us it was essentially love at first site. Dahlia was at the vet for 2 nights due to a blockage and is currently home and in recovery. I didn't think we would have any problems, but Marley has been a little aggressive towards Dahlia since she returned home. No nipping or fighting, but Marley is chasing Dahlia and essentially what looked like body checked her once. He also has been punching her / digging at her when he wants to be groomed and she doesn't do it. They spent hours cuddling and grooming each other in Dahlia's pet hut (one of her safe spaces she likes to hang out in, Marley typically doesn't hang out with her in there) the other day., only to have Marley immediately chase her once they both left it. They're separated for now so that Dahlia can recovery without that added stress. but I'm concerned about their bond as I have never bonded / re-bonded bunnies before. They have access to each other through the gate, so they're not 100% separated.

Any tips to getting these two back to where they were prior?

Yes, they are both spayed / neutered. As stated in my original post, Dahlia was at the vet for 2 nights due to a blockage. I always take them together for well visits but this wasn't exactly a planned visit - it was an emergency and she was there overnight for two nights.

Yeah. Even if only one rabbit needs to be seen, both should go for the visit- without exception. Rabbit vets understand this and will only charge for the rabbit they are examining.

Since she had to stay two nights, it would have been especially important for them to stay together. The bonding process may now need to start from scratch -- as if they never knew each other. Check out bonding tutorials here:
http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/educat...s/love-match-a-guide-to-bonding-your-rabbits/

Back