New Bunny Mummy To Be.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBunny

Boomer Bunny
Reaction score
Hello from Australia.

I'm going to be a mummy to a cute little bunny in just a couple of days... possibly even tomorrow !!!
I've done tons of research and thought that a forum would be GREAT to talk to other rabbit owners whenever i have a question or want to learn more.

Today was exciting as i got to buy everything for my future bunny... My son is also excited waiting for the new arrival to our family.

We are unsure of the sex as of yet ... but we do have a photo from the person whom we are getting the bunny from. i'll attach it to the end of this post.

Anyways i was planning to adopt from a rescue that is 5 hours drive from where i live. But then i was offered a bunny from my partners best friends dad and well who could resist this cute face.... as soon as i seen the picture that was it... this bunny stole my heart.

So i'm sure you will see and hear from me around this forum as i like to know EVERYTHING possible to provide my new bunny the best life possible.

i plan on desexing and vaccinating and my bunny is going to be living inside as a house bunny. mosquitos are crazy around here at certain times of the year. So i dont want it living outdoors due to the deadly mosquitos carrying viruses that kill rabbits around here.

so after that whole essay of an introduction let me show you my to be bunny... it's name will be MrBunny if it is a boy and MrsBunny if it is a girl. (i am not very creative when it comes to names) i'm sure the vet will let me know what i have when it goes in for it's first vet check and vaccinations.

What a cute little face...nobody could resist that!!

Congrats and remember to share lots of pics!!

My bunny is here now.... he/she is ever so cute !!! all Bunny has been doing since it got here is EAT EAT and EAT. no wonder Bunny is sooooo big ! compared to the brother and sisters Bunny was by far the largest of them all.
My friend also got a bunny, one of bunny's brothers or sister. She called her's Coconut. Very cute indeed. Bunny is exactly 7 weeks old and is such a cutie. i just cant stop staring at Bunny. Everything Bunny does is cute and Bunny looks comfortable already in the new home.

Welcome to the life of bunny ownership, if you need help with anything just ask. What part of Australia are you from? In in WA.

Do you know if Bunny is a buck or doe yet? If not I can help you sex Bunny. Just post a picture!

no idea of the sex. was going to take it to the vets in a few weeks and have it sexed, vaccinate....etc.

we live in NSW

We only have one vac for buns here and it's for calici. I suggest fly wire on your cage if you have a ton of mozzies in your area as they can carry both of the most deadly rabbit viruses which are myxi and calici. Keeping him in doors is a very good idea. He's so cute, I almost got a bun who looked identical to that once alt he was larger.

I'm in WA too; my buns live indoors to protect them from nasty mozzies. Your Bunny is such a cutie! You should post more pictures. :)

We only have one vac for buns here and it's for calici. I suggest fly wire on your cage if you have a ton of mozzies in your area as they can carry both of the most deadly rabbit viruses which are myxi and calici. Keeping him in doors is a very good idea. He's so cute, I almost got a bun who looked identical to that once alt he was larger.

My bunny is indoors. in a closed sun room. (completely indoors from the elements) he will live indoors / in the sunroom depending on weather as it can get hot in the sun room in the middle of summer.

Lots of mozzies here but again he is indoors and will be away from all that.

I'm in WA too; my buns live indoors to protect them from nasty mozzies. Your Bunny is such a cutie! You should post more pictures. /QUOTE] there is more pictures in another thread. I'm just going to assume it is a boy and will call him MrBunny unless i am informed later it is a girl. hopefully being indoors bunny will be unaffected by mozzies, but you never know so he will get vaccinated too as another precaution.

I LOVE his enormous feet ! he is soooo curious he just hops everywhere. i cant keep track of him... haha he is one place and in less than a blink of an eye he is on the other side of the room. super fast ! i love that he climbs all over me and always comes up to "sniff" me... it is like little bunny kisses.

The bunny in my profile picture comes up and nudges my lips and nose. She's so sweet when she isn't trying to nibble on bits of my skin!

Latest posts

Back