Bok Choy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaGal

Reaction score
I just started Thumper on Bok Choy which he loves. I was wondering though if you can feed the bunnies all of the Bok Choy or is it just the green parts? I noticed the list if foods did not specify only feeding the leafy green parts but wanted to make sure the rest is safe to eat.

My buns eat the whole thing with no problems =) I'm sure the leafy part probably has the most nutrition but I can't see why they shouldn't eat the rest. My rabbits wolf it down all the way to the end!

I generally only feed the leafy parts. There's nothing much to the stock (at least in my mind. I could be wrong) nutritionally, so I would rather they fill up on something better.

Thank you for the answers. I did notice some foods on the list (I believe dandelions) stated dandelion greens and took that to mean just feed the green parts and not the flowers. Hhmmm, now you have me wondering about the nutrition of the stalks. The Bok Choy is definitely way more stalk than leaf and I am having trouble finding other appropriate greens to feed daily. It doesn't help that Thumper is a Flemish Giant so it requires a lot of food feeding him. I can't wait till spring and gardening time!

Latest posts

Back