Rabbits in Cargo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariethomas

Reaction score
Hi. I finally solved my problem and the only way to get my bunny out my country (Ecuador) is to ship him as cargo.

He will not be flying with me, but by himself as cargo. Apparently a pet shipping company run by 2 vets who seemed to care, will be picking him up, taking him to the airport, loading him and waiting for him to take off.

This is the only option we have left, if not he will live a very short life with a family member who is not able to take care of him. Is the cargo trip worth it? I don't know how many hours it will be, but it will be a direct flight to my new destination.

Is it worth the risk of him not making it, to be with me? He is very loved and part of the family, leaving him behind truly is not an option. Has anyone else's bunny been through cargo? Again, I will not be on that flight with him as it is impossible. I'm afraid he won't make the trip or something horrible were to happen. Although friendly and curious he is the type of bunny who gets disturbed if hearing something in another room.

Oh, he will probably be fine. Don't worry so much, otherwise you might change your mind. If it's the best option, then do it. Taking a risk is worse than having a safer option.
Blessings to you and your Rabbit! :)

Rabbits are regularly shipped internationally between breeders, so it should be possible to do so if it's with a serious shipping company. If it's the only option, you have to try anyway. If the rabbit is in good health and that he has plenty of hay in his pet carrier (I would put wet vegetables too so he stays hydrated), it should be fine if the lenght of the trip is reasonable.
I suppose you already inquired about the conditions concerning the importation of animals where you are going? No quarantine or necessary vaccination?

i agree with what everyone else has already said. Good Luck! :)

Latest posts

Back