Your bunny's behavor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartoonist 35

Reaction score
I have noticed that Holiday snow has verbally with me lately.
She makes soft sounds and some times she will box.
Any of your bunnies do this?

Oh yes. Female rabbits seem especially prone to moodiness, even after they are spayed. My female bun will grunt and box at my hand at feeding time when I put her pellet dish down. I think she just wants me to hurry up with it and get out of the way so she can eat. I have another one that will box my hand when I'm trying to clean their dirty hay out of their litter box. I do have one male that will get a little feisty when he wants me to leave him alone or move out of his way. He'll box at my hand or use his teeth to move it away from him.

If your bunny is making a soft clicking noise when your petting it then its probably purring.
My bunny will sometimes grunt like a pig when he is chasing my hand (that has a treat in it)
Andy purrs all the time, if you gently (or even accidentally) brush your hand up Andy's head he'll start to purr.
Sometimes Andy will randomly click his teeth when playing (not sure why though lol)

I let holiday snow sniff my hand so she knows she can trust me.
So far were bonding, but she only talks to me and wants me cuddle her. Lol that's girls for you.

It may be just noises to show she is pleased. I doubt it's something to worry about. My rabbit does it all the time, usually when I'm showing affection. I assume it's just a grunt of gratitude.

Sounds good I be getting her vitiums you put in water
And a large bag of deluxe rabbit food

Please dont put vitamins in her water.
Good quality rabbit pellets have the nutrients your rabbit needs to be healthy.
A quality balanced diet of mostly hay with pellets and veg is all your rabbit needs, and water of course.
Adding vitamins to water affects the taste and can lead to them drinking less or nothing at all when keeping their gut hydrated is so important!

Sounds good I be getting her vitiums you put in water
And a large bag of deluxe rabbit food

Not sure what you mean by "deluxe" rabbit food, but stay away from any food bags that have colorful bits in them or are labelled "gourmet." Those are bunny junk food.

The best (healthiest) pellets are plain pellets that don't have any colorful add-ins or any seeds.

The plain pellets with hay will provide the vitamins she needs.

Some bunnies kind of bored of just green pellets, carrot greens are good

Grains and corn, while tasty, are like the big macs of the rabbit world! Most people wouldn't be healthy eating big macs every day, and most rabbits are not healthy (in the long run) with grains and corn in the diet. My two love (and I mean binky around the apartment) for their 'boring' pellets and their greens (a large variety of bunny safe vegetables) at night. In fact, I potty trained them both just using pellets as treats.

Noo, corn is extremely bad for bunnies, starchy food like corn, potato's should NOT be given to a Bunny. I'm pretty sure grain is bad too.
I buy the oxbow brand (no fruity bits) pellets for my bunny. A rabbit's diet should consist of most hay (timothy hay is good)
I'm not sure what you mean by 'bored of just green pellets'. But rabbit's should get the "just green pellets" the other fruity bits are really bad for your bunny.
Do you mean the tops of carrots? Yes those can be given to your bunny, the actual carrot should be sliced up and given as a TREAT.
the bunny will of course pick out the colorful bits cause that's what taste the best, but really, they should be eating the HEALTHY pellets.
My bunny is the same with ravenousDragon's, Andy loves his oxbow pellets.

Have you boxed by your bunny

Both my rabbits were on euthanasia lists at shelters for being aggressive. So yes. I have been growled at, bitten, boxed, etc. However, neither of them box or bite now. Brandy will still growl, grunt, and be extremely vocal about certain things, but she has learned not to bite or box. Whiskey will grunt at my cat, Mushroom, if she goes into his cage, too. It's a pretty normal rabbit behavior.

Than what good stuff for her to eat because she is not interested in green pellets to it looks like litter. Most of the food that peter had had green pellets and dry carrot bits and some other dry veggie in it, she don't like green pellets

Have you tried the oxbow? Or any other good brand with just pellets?
Hay should be number one, then veggies and pellets
The house rabbit Society has some good articles on rabbit care
http://rabbit.org

You should go on the house rabbit society website and look up what your rabbit should be eating. It varies with age.

Latest posts

Back