Building a nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnabun121212

Reaction score
Hi! My rabbit all of a sudden decided this afternoon that she was going to build herself a nest in my washroom??? She's building it out of hay & shredding up newspaper (also carried her slipper to the area). I've had her for 5 months now and wondering what brought this on?

Any thoughts, reasons or idea's would be appreciated :)

Unless she has had the opportunity to mate recently then it sounds like a false pregnancy. Is she spayed? If not then the hormones are probably at the root of it.

Awe LOL. Not sure if she is spayed or not, but I can guarantee she has not been with another bun. She does hump a slipper and actually brought that into her nest area hehe.

Should I just leave the nest there until she is done? I am guessing she will just rebuild until the phase is over maybe?

She seems to have lost interest and now just being her usually silly self. The nest isn't in my way so will let it stay for another day. Little gal is going to sleep good tonight as she gave up her daily 5 hour nap (behind the futon) to build her nest.

I have to laugh as she reminded me of a squirrel gathering leaves to make a nest ... it was so cute!

Latest posts

Back