Lopsided Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiriusSybilsMom

Reaction score
I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm bonding my two buns, Sirius and Sybil and I think I'm at the two steps back stage. The bonding started last Monday and there was grooming the first day. They were in the tub, so I was pretty pumped. The next day, I decided to move them into an exercise pen. There was still grooming and everything. Sybil would chase him a little bit but it was only when he wanted to explore the new room instead of groom her. Up to this point, all the grooming has been done by Sirius.

On the third day, I tried adding food and it didn't go so well because Sybil loves her hay and doesn't like to share. It didn't seem to phase Sirius because he kept grooming her and she even eventually laid down with feet to the side. By the fourth day, I was pretty comfortable with leaving them alone for a few minutes.

On the fifth day, I tried moving them into their shared play space. Their cages are next to each other and they usually take turns playing in this space and there hasn't been any marking so I tried that, since it was going so well. Well. Sirius groomed her and then he stopped and she grunted and chased him and he went into his cage. He came back out after a little bit and the same thing happened. So I ended it for the day. I was out of town for two days so I couldn't work on bonding them. Today, I let them out in the shared space and before he could even try to groom her she chased him and grunted at him back into his cage. He lost some fur (though he is shedding right now)?

What should I do? Sorry for the long post

Latest posts

Back