Is your bunny a creeper? Heh heh

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

Sophie just cracks me up! The other day I moved my cat's scratching tree to a different part of the living room. Sophie came out of her condo and was acting all creepy. When I say that, I literally mean it! She started slowly creeping around the living room, taking slow steps, one at a time and her ears were straight up with the openings facing forward. Obviously she was concerned or something and it took me awhile to realise why. She creeped all over the living room, like really just inching along, it looked hilarious! Poor Sophie, she didn't like my redecorating I guess. I had no idea they were so particular! She hasn't even attempted to rearrange anything in her condo, which surprised me but that scratching tree definitely threw her for a loop! Lololol!!! She's ok with it now though, especially after I gave her a dried currant, she forgot all about it:p

One I'm not sure buns see as well as we think although it could just be natural caution because they are prey animals.

Thumper does this although usually only when I let him come out of his room into another part of the house. That doesn't happen often plus his room is wall to wall carpet whereas the dining room and kitchen which his room leads to is hardwood and he doesn't trust it as much since he slips so he is extra cautious.

It is funny to watch.

Yeah Sophie hates the hardwoods! She has attempted to walk on them only a few times and the same thing always happens; she slips and scares herself, then scrabbles like mad to get to the carpet!!!

What does help with Thumper is having some throw rugs around. If he has something right outside the door that gives him better footing then curiosity will win out. Once he is in the new room he is more willing to wander onto the hardwoods. The more he is allowed on them the more sure he gets and the less he worries about the hardwoods and just hops like normal or runs.

The funniest thing was he once used my feet as a safe spot. He would actually leave one throw rug and head directly to my feet where I was standing and sit on my feet so he could check out the dog who was in a different room and kept in by a baby gate.

If you don't have throw rugs a towel(s) or even larger pieces of cardboard could work.

I saw the video of Monty...too funny!

Heh heh Monty!! Yup there's some creepin' there! Sophie's condo is in the living room, which is carpeted. She wants to check out the rest of the house but everything else is floor. It works great for me at the moment because I don't have to have barriers up that block off the rest of the house....but...I am considering putting a small carpet runner into the kitchen so she can come check it out. We'll see though. My kitchen would be the easiest place to rabbit proof so that's why I'm considering it. But for now she has full access to the living room which is a decent size.

Latest posts

Back