The wonderful world of a Dad who cares too much

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello my Name is AJ and I love animals. This is my (currently being written) bunny story:
A week ago I had a wild bunny who would not leave my shop after a day of taking him back to the grass and him hopping back to my building a decided ok guess we have a pet. We beat theodds and kept him alive a week. We had a meeting and my wife left the windows open between the kids playing outside and the mowing the poor guy scared himself to death he died in my hands while i tried to calm him down. Naturally even though i told myaelf the odds are he wont live i (as well as my kids) grew attached and we had to tell them the bunny dies. Que dramatic 5 year old girl crying and 10 year old boy casual disapointment. As well personal feelings of disapointment and failure. Que super mom. She went out against her better judgment and found a rabbit. Adopted him and now we have the biggest darn rabbit ive ever encountered (yes i have seen pictures of bigger than even him but those are pictures not this monster living in my home) his name was: special agent classified or classified for short. No one in the house liked this name. His name is now Acheron (pronounced Asheron) or Ach (pronounced Ash) for short. He is a solid 21 inches long and 10.5 lbs beautiful black fur and some of the most prominent ears ever. His breed is unknown his age is guessed around 2years old and come the 22nd of May he will be fixed.

So there Hi everyone im a rookie to the rabbit community. But I study fast and retain most of it!

20170503_160141.jpg

20170503_195155.jpg

20170505_230620.jpg

He is very pretty especially the white hairs in his coat you can hardly see. but i was not prepared for vast amount of droppings he creates. I was always told by rabbit owners how much they poop. But being told and actually dealing with it... wow. And now that he is getting comfortable with his enclosure he has started to spray... i am praying once fixed that stops i know it takes time and his second litter box imo is to big to be put in his enclosure as well so may look for a third that is like his first, he is litter trained but is currently marking maybe im juat unreasonable in my wish he would be a bit cleaner in his business. But he doesnt hate me as much as he did one day 2 of living with us.
I included a pic of his current home as we grow to become a free roam bunny

20170507_010250.jpg

silver tipped steel from what I can tell from the pictures. though I blew one of the pictures up and he might actually be a gold tipped steel.

Is a silver tipped steel/gold tipped steel a breed or a coloring google basicly said its a genetic coloring

New details: Ash loves his cardboard toys and his wicker ball with a bell inside. He is coming to me much more readily. When we got him we had a large dispute between him and i since we are both unfixed males he felt me as a threat (also do not know how he was treated before we got him) after a few days of dad feeding and dad giving treats we agree on I am big boss and he is little boss. He cages up fairly easily at night now. Our hay consumption is down and i posted in health and bebavior about that. Recieved a few suggestions and none of them seem to be the key just yet but we are working on that. He seems to be litter trained for urine but deficates wherever bit annoying cleaning up that mess everynight but for how loving he is i guess its something i can contnue to work with

Latest posts

Back