Thumpin' Mad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
ooooooooooo is Elf mad! LOL

The puppy came home today. She is notliking the puppy smell at ALL. Every once in a while she looks at meand THUMPS! The puppy has been nothing but polite. He was born andraised in a house with two cats and a ferret. Whenever he sees a cat(outside) or Elf, he sits down and stays still. He whimpers a lil bittoo, but has been very well-mannered. Tomorrow I'm going to put Kirbyin his crate and let Elf hop around to check him out. We'll see how itgoes. :)I'll have to watch carefully so she doesn't try tomark him or his crate.

We do plan on treating her to one ofthose extremely nifty double decker or triple level condos that havebeen pictured on her. I just don't want to subject her to too muchchange all at once. :D

Minda

EM, It is easy to see why she would bemad. Someone else is in her territory! Not onlythat, Someone else is getting her mommy's attention.Attention that she feels is meant for her! ;)Hopefully she will calm down and become good friends with thepuppy. Sounds like the puppy will be okay with her-hopefully she won't turn into a Mocha rabbit and go after thepuppy:shock:I saw the picture of your puppy inanother post. You have a very beautiful dog. Keepus posted on how things are going. Beckie

Looks like you'll have to tread carefully, ElfMommy. Please keep usposted on how the relationship progresses. Elf will get used to it onceshe knows the puppy's not going anywhere, but you just make sure thatshe's #1 now and forever.

Woke up this morning to a rhythmic 'Thump.....Thump.....Thump....." atleast 10 times before I thought that I better check it out. Normallywhen someone's making a noise before I get up, I ignore it until theyget over it. This one wasn't stopping. Swear she had a beat going on.Look around the corner...it's Missy. She's apparently had a hissy fitduring the night and tore down her hay rack. That must've ticked heroff because I didn't hear a peep. She was sitting in the place wherethe hay rack hung and thumping until she got my attention. I fixedthings and no more thumping. She is Somethin Else!

-Carolyn

After much love andlavished attention (and a few carrots), the thumping has diminishedquite a bit. I think it's the scent more than anything that ticked heroff. Elf has a new place of honor, next to my desk, so I can reach overand pet her all the time. (I work at my desk almost the entire time I'min the house.)

LOL sure sure, I say that, she looks overand sees Kirby and THUMP THUMP THUMP hehe. Yes, we have a long way togo.

Minda

Carolyn wrote:
Woke up this morning to a rhythmic'Thump.....Thump.....Thump....." at least 10 times before I thoughtthat I better check it out. Normally when someone's making a noisebefore I get up, I ignore it until they get over it. This one wasn'tstopping. Swear she had a beat going on. Look around the corner...it'sMissy. She's apparently had a hissy fit during the night and tore downher hay rack. That must've ticked her off because I didn't hear a peep.She was sitting in the place where the hay rack hung and thumping untilshe got my attention. I fixed things and no more thumping. She isSomethin Else!

-Carolyn
BOL! Ohhhh, Carolyn! You're outnumberednow!

You've got to add this one to the Tucker Town thread so that wecan keep all of the stories together. I'm justloving this! :D

Elf Mommy wrote:
After much love and lavishedattention (and a few carrots), the thumping has diminished quite a bit.I think it's the scent more than anything that ticked her off. Elf hasa new place of honor, next to my desk, so I can reach over and pet herall the time. (I work at my desk almost the entire time I'm in thehouse.)

Minda
Elf Mommy, I've found that begging, pleading, groveling, andbribery go a long way towards restoring a bunny's normally sweetdisposition. ;):(

Elf Mommy, Poor dear Elf. Hopefully she willsettle down and realize that the puppy is friend not foe. Elf is sosweet, I'm surein timethings will work out. I knowyou mentioned the puppy's name but I can't remember. What did you namethe puppy?

Tina

His name is Kirby. Elf is watching him so carefully. :)

Minda

6-12-04%20005.jpg

6-12-04%20006.jpg

Minda, Kirby is beautiful.These are the sweetest pictures. Poor Elf, I hope that theygrow to love each other. My female rabbit thinks she is theboss of the house also. Ya just have to love em.:DBeckie

KIRBY'S SO CUTE :D! Elf is probably thinking ofKirby as an enemy because dogs are normally natural enemies in thewild. She also probably thinks that you are now a friend of the enemydogs ;). Anyway, I hope Elf will become friends with Kirby!

What is on Kirby's head lol. I got too much time on my hands tonight!!!

Latest posts

Back