Spinach

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arugula is a great spinach alternative. It's very nutritional and doesn't have the high oxalate content that spinach does:)

We used to give spinach but after dealing with Kokomo's bladder stones we have eliminated anything with a high calcium content.

We used to give spinach but after dealing with Kokomo's bladder stones we have eliminated anything with a high calcium content.

I lost a rabbit to excessive bladder slide earlier this year. I now have a new little one. Are there any other veggies you suggest I avoid? Is kale also high in calcium?

But still those veggies are not something I consider necessary in their diet. We've had minor problems with sludge and of course Kokomo's bladder stone (Which still has us confounded because our rabbits in general are not on a high calcium diet hoping to avoid this problem exactly) so for peace of mind, if you're worried, I would probably just cut kale and spinach out entirely. We do feed parsley, but only once or twice a week.

We mainly feed romaine/greenleaf lettuce, cilantro, mint, basil, wheatgrass, bell peppers and spring mix, although I try and pick out the spinach (I really like it anyway so I eat it, win/win).

And of course, stay away from feeding too much pellet and make sure they are timothy hay based, not alfalfa. Timothy hay should be the main part of the diet.

I was wondering if spinach is ok for buns, i got varying information,some say it's ok, some say it's bad because of the iron content.
any opinions?

I don't give them spinach every day, but do give them Spinach, kale, greens, spring mix, turnip greens, mustard greens, bok choy, red lettuce, regular lettuce, arugula, anything green I know is good for them. I mix it up every day however and rotate their veggies or else they will get on kicks to only eat ONE veggie they like every day as the Agouti's tried in the past...

Latest posts

Back