How much is a bunny from the RSPCA?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Hi so pretty soon Im going to be getting a bunny and I am thinking of getting a bun from the RSPCA. I live in South Australia and I was wondering how much does it cost to buy a rabbit from the RSPCA? :rabbithop

I wish I could help, they don't seem to list it on their website, you would probably just have to give them a call. If you don't find a bunny you like at the RSPCA, look up SA Rabbit Rescue and Adoptions on Facebook, I'm not sure how much they charge, but they need loving homes too :) If you can't find them, I'm happy to pass on contact info, they have a bunny club meeting tomorrow night if you're in the north east area, and if you were looking to meet some of the adoptable bunns, I'm sure Sally would bring some along for you to meet :)

Hi so it's been a while since any activity on this thread. I have my gorgeous bun Bambi now but I found out through South Australia RSPCA facebook that all bunnies at shelters in South Australia are $20. I can not believe they are that cheap especially since they are all already desexed and vaccinated.

This weekend one of the shelters was doing a $5 adoption on cats and rabbits. The Humane society here wants around $140.

Oh wow. I knew about the cats and dogs. I did not know they had the deal for rabbits as well. I'm glad I didn't know. I don't have space for another one (though I did look at their rabbits when I saw the deal posted on Facebook the other day)!

140$?!

Lois and Clark were 14$ each!

(Then again I did a taboo a bought them from a pet store, back then I knew next to nothing about rabbits.)

Felix and Clementine ran about $140 each, as babies from a breeder. On top of that, with vaccinations and fixing for the both of them, they've run about just under $800. That doesn't include housing, food, toys, etc... oh dear. :p

Man, adopting bunnies from a shelter is way more cost-effective! I didn't even really think about it as an option before adopting Felix, and I fell in love with Clem, and really wanted a mini lop baby. I hope I can adopt when I next get a bunny. :)

Last edited:
Merlin was $30 as a baby from a breeder, but then $250 to neuter. Same with his late brother Rosebun. Sasha was $45 from a rescue, already spayed! It is more cost-effective to rescue a shelter bun.

I paid $50 for Barry from a breeder, but she was a personal friend of mine, and she also knew that he was going to live his life as a house bun, neutered and unbred. She usually charges $75 for an elop buck. It's going to cost about $120 to have him neutered. He's sending me to the poorhouse the way he eats those Oxbow pellets though! Because he's just 4 months old, he gets all of those he wants, and he wants about a cup and a half of those a day not to mention his timothy hay and 2 salads. Once he's neutered I'm going to start training with a therapy bun program, and I hope to find him a spayed lady friend at the local rescue.

Latest posts

Back