Changed color?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colliewobbles

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anybody know why my 1 yr old teddy lionhead's fur has changed color? When I got him at 4 months he looked like this:

b8b847fcb72f40920cba37e43f8df143_zpsc8634eed.jpg

then a few months on:

4f4ba6a3e0b4b4f809706701dcc5e533_zps701c9214.jpg

and now he looks like this:

b0acb642cb77e0a3f457d38c87ea6e22_zps991b82a5.jpg

ab3ec810a0f209fde6cfb84697cc2039_zps2b106b0c.jpg

What's going on?!

Aww, what a sweetie! I had two Californians who had black fur on their noses and it changed shape a few months later. I think it's just part of the growing and developing process, except with bunnies their fur develops too.

Chocolate fur (which appears to be the color of your rabbit) often "rusts" during a molt. It appears that your rabbit is molting. When his new coat comes in, you'll see that burnt orange color fade.

My one rabbit had Tan spots, The he shed and is all white with just a little black on the ears and nose. The Tan never came back.

Aki changes color every time she molts. She's sometimes black, sometimes light grey, sometimes brown. Sometimes, weird light grey or white spots appear too and she had a white mark on her forehead as a baby which almost completely disappeared. She had an awkwardly marked fur for about six months last year, with a big light-ish spot on her back which made her look funny... I always guessed it was because she wasn't a purebred rabbit and that her genes carried a wide range of color. Tybalt, who is a purebred blue otter dwarf lop looks exactly like his daddy and never changed color from the time I got him... But somehow, I think it's kind of fun to see their fur change everytime they molt!

Latest posts

Back