Pet Insurance?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
After Foo Foo's last $550 vet visit, I've beenconsidering purchasing pet insurance. They want $9.50 permonth for each of the bunnies (I have three). Then they havea deductible of $50 but they cover about 80% of X-Rays and hospitalstays. I don't know...maybe it's not worth it. Butlast summer when Foo Foo had flystrike, it cost me over$2,000. Does anyone have any comments or experiences theywant to share with me? Thanks.:?

Hi, foofoosmom! I asked this question a few months ago. :)

Where did you find an insurance plan to coverbunnies? I never found one here in the States if I remembercorrectly.

If I could find one, I would definitely get coverage.

Hi

I am so glad I got my two bunnies insured. They are insured with acompany called PetPlan, although I don't know if they are in the US aswell.

I have just received my cheque from the insurance for Crunchie'soperation to remove her mammary tumour, also have an additional claimgoing through for her mites injections and now her abcess! I have topay an excess of £40 only and so far the treatments have cost over£300. It costs me a total of £13 per month for both rabbits. With thisinsurance they are covered for up to £2000 of vets bills each per year.

I would recommend anyone get their bunnies insured if they can it hassaved me loads. There are not that many companies that willinsure rabbits in the UK the only one I could find was PetPlan they arepart of Cornhill Insurance. Most insurance firms seem to only want toinsure cats & dogs I do not know why!! Maybe it might beworthwhile to see if Cornhill Insurance have any offices in the US?

Foofywrote:
There are not that manycompanies that will insure rabbits in the UK the only one I could findwas PetPlan they are part of Cornhill Insurance. Most insurance firmsseem to only want to insure cats & dogs I do not know why!!Maybe it might be worthwhile to see if Cornhill Insurance have anyoffices in the US?
Yes, Foofy, this is exactly what I discovered. Most insure cats and dogs exclusively.

Thanks for the heads up on Cornhill. I'll begin doing some research in that direction.

Latest posts

Back