Bun Jovi in Stasis - Help Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY!!! Something! :) Tonight when I went over I could definitely feel the blockage. I gave her meds, water and more gel. I laid her in my arms and went under her belly and massaged that spot and tried to gently move things. She enjoyed the massage because both of her back feet were sticking straight out while laying in my arms, and she was licking the arm next to her face. When I put her down, she took some drinks from her own water dish, and nibbled a few more greens. I told my son what I had felt and told him to be sure and rub too. Tonight this came out! We know there is still more work, more hay and roughage, but YAY!

View attachment 1417239126091.jpg

Aw poor bun! At least there's progress, boy how stressful for you!

Not sure. There's only been a couple more since. I can still feel the blockage, so I'm still working it from the outside.

Wish that I could change my title to "Thanks for the Support." This has all been so overwhelming. Poor Bun Jovi. How can she keep eating and not making poops? Is she tricking us and eating her poops? No...I can still feel the blockage, but I can feel that it has moved a bit. If I don't find any more poops before this evening, I will call Dr. Paladino in the morning. She seems ok and appears to be in no pain, just no poops.

Trix here-

Normally I post in the bunnies only section, but I have a message for Bun Jovi- get better soon, baby girl!!!! You are unable to do your very most important job here: being a bunny and entertaining your pet humans!!!!! So get better!!!!!

Love,

Trix

Jovi has become so much more docile. Wellll last night she tried to bite my arm while I administered her meds mushed in banana. I have to keep changing it up. Banana, papaya, banana papaya, pineapple juice! She used to hate being held, but I think she understands now that we're all in this for the poop of it and it's all in her best interest. I love this baby so dearly and I can't understand how it is that she can keep eating the greens and not making the poops! Perhaps her body is absorbing the nutrients and that is what's keeping her going. Tomorrow I think we'll call that bun savvy doc and get her another appointment for maybe some more sub hydration. She's almost there. So close. Don't want to lose her.

Trix here again-

Get your Bun Jovi to the bunny doc and she will be right as rain.

Love,

Trix

Latest posts

Back