Moody Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinilopMable

Reaction score
Hello I'm looking for some advice about my house rabbit ...18month old female spayed mini lop Mable. She is usually very sociable and happy but the last few days she has seemed to be a bit grumpy and not herself! She goes through episodes of creeping round nervously before darting off to hide somewhere and stomps several times. She is reluctant to come out or be reassured by us talking to her and drew blood for the first time when she bit my other half. The weather has been up and down recently and particularly warm today, we are trying to keep it cool for her...she's eating and drinking normally...I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas of what might be upsetting her or advice is very much appreciated! :)

A change in mood like that could indicate a health problem, she may be in pain or have injured herself. The fact that she is still eating and drinking like normal is a good thing. Has anything changed in your house? New pets or anything?

No nothing has changed...it seems to be right after we let her out if her cage which is normally late afternoon.

How are you letting her out of her cage? Do you just open the cage door and allow her to come out one her own if she feels like it? Or do you reach in and pull her out?

We just open the door to let her come out when she's ready which is sometimes right away and other times a little while later

Did you move a piece of furniture? Or place something on top of something that wasn't there before? I had a period of several days where Bandit was absolutely freaking out and would try to climb on me and jump out and do whatever he could to get away. I figured out that I'd put a toilet brush on top of the washing machine, and the way it loomed over the edge from a bunnies perspective was what was doing it. I took it away and it solved the problem.

I'm not sure that's it though, since she's been biting you as well. Maybe something to do with your smell? A new soap or something? Otherwise she could be in pain from something but I don't think I'd expect her to move around so much.

Latest posts

Back