Odd behavior..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
Over the past week Nessa has been acting strange. She doesn't eat any of her favorite treats when I offer them to her, instead of happily greeting me each morning she completely ignores that I'm in the room, she seems uninterested in her pellets, hay, toys, etc., and she doesn't even want to come out of her cage to play! I tried to coax her out of her cage earlier to come run around for a bit and she bit me! She's never really taken a chunk out of me before so I was shocked. The few times I have been able to get her out of her cage, she just sits in a corner and stares at me. If I tried to pet her or offer her some mint leaves (she used to go nuts for them) she growled and lunged at me.
I just don't know why my fur baby is starting to act like this! Is there something wrong with her? What can I do? :(

If she has not been spayed, these symptoms are very common when a doe is having a phantom pregnancy if you can touch her just have a feel to see if her teats are raised to confirm this theory.

No, she is not spayed. It could quite possibly be hormones. I'm going to keep a close eye on her eating and if she keeps this up, I will probably be seeking out a vet.

It sounds very odd to me, but I've never had a hormonal doe. My boys didn't get anywhere near that moody when they were teenagers. Definitely keep an eye on her food/water levels, and maybe look into getting her spayed soon.

Hey I had a moody girl... if you get her spayed this will help. Then spend lots of time giving her tickles...
After my Princess was spayed she was still occasionally moody... but funny character for a bunny!

Latest posts

Back