adult pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carmichaels99

Reaction score
I have a chin/mini lop cross. He's six months old now and the breeder recommended switching him to a lower protein food at this time. He's on oxbow baby rabbit pellets right now but the adult ones have 14% protein, the breeder recommended no more then 12% for adult food. So I'm looking for a good quality food that has around 12%. Or is the 2% difference not a big deal? She said higher protein can cause kidney issues later in life.

I would think 14% would be okay, but I'm wondering if the breeder said that because she's had that problem with her line. You might want to get clarification from her about that, if you can.

14% protein should not be a problem unless the rabbit has a specific issue. Higher protein levels can be around 18% and you really won't find that in most pet rabbit pellets (more for breeders who have a specific need for it). It can be hard to find a good pellet that is 12% anyway, so not something I would worry about.

Latest posts

Back