Colds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if we can pass our colds toour bunny. I woke up this morning with a major sinus cold andwas just wondering if maybe i shouldn't play with Baby quite as muchfor a few days. She's been extra playful and loving the pastweek, and i don't want to give her my cold!!!:?

Rabbits are not known to contract rhino viruseswhich cause the "common cold" in humans. The most commonpathogens that cause cold-type symptoms in rabbits are Pasteurella,Bordatella, Pseudomonas, Strep and Staph.

Cavies (Guinea Pigs) *can* contract rhino viruses from humans.

Both humans and rabbits can contract rhino viruses which cause flu-like intestinal symptoms and diarrhea.

Pam

So i can continue to let her being the sweetbunny she's been all week. She's been getting right in myface when i lay on the floor and checking me out and occassionallynibbling on my glasses if i'm wearing them.:D

now that's funny. i always wash myhands. But that's not fair.....she doesn't mind rubbing hernose on my hand if i stop petting her. Last night every timei would stop petting her, she would nudge my hand with her nose untilshe managed to get my hand back on top of her head.Spoiled? I believe so!:p Also she snuck a bite ofmy popsicle when i wasn't looking right out of my hand. Thenshe wouldn't leave me alone trying to get another bite.

I have to giggle histerically at this one! lol Irealize that maybe we forget to wash our hands but it never occured tome that we might use bunns for hankies...(realizing of course that youprobably meant rubbing faces)...struck me as very funny none the less :D

Ps ..where do you guys get all the extra cute emoticons and how do you get them into your choice bar?

There are many illnesses than can be passedbetween people and humans, but these instances are rather rare, unlessthe person has a compromised immune system. The most commonconcernare bite or scratch wounds, which can lead toinfection. In a few rare cases, humans have contractedpasteurella orally (by kissing their precious pets on themouth). Mites and fungus can also be transmitted to humansvia rabbits.

Pam N.

Latest posts

Back