ODDBALL markings..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Before hauling Jez's honey butt to the vet AGAIN,(because if you all read my post's I like to do that on a regularbasis, she sneezes? OFF she goes, she isnt putting all her wieght onone paw, OFF she goes, little pinkish around the eyes?well..........you get the idea. I am an over-reactive mom:?HEY its Tainan! the vet is NOT expensive at all, and bestto be safe than sorry, especially when it doesnt stress her out to doso............(thats mah justification anyways..)

here is my ??????????????

If you take a look at her pic posted her under Bunny pictures..she isthe honey coloured fawn oh I could go on and on of hercolour....suffice to say it is NOT BROWN!hehe. The other day,I was hangin with them in the livingroom when I noticed a bit of asplotch on the back of her~upon closer inspection (you know with melaying right down on the floor short of a magnefying glass) it LOOKS:shock:almost like a heart shaped tattoo,right on the skin,dark brown/reddish in colour with definite dark brown furgrowing out of it!!!! It didnt bother her at all to pet that spot, andonly a few hairs are missing around it (yup, I counted-okay not really)but none are missing around the other (yet smaller) ones.
Now to the best of my knowledge, she HAS not gone to a tattoo parlor(she is definitley the kinda gal that would though) whilst I am away atclass......and these markings are new, they were not there before. Hasanyone seen this before?

Cher

Does she have a grayish belly? She'sactually a tortoise (I'm sure she'll be happy to know that she's mostcertainly not bland brown).

Is this spot recent or has it always been there? The tortsmay have some dark smutty areas here and there. When moltingthe skin may change color and you'll note that the fur in that areawill start coming in as very dark (on the torts) and lighten as itlenghens. You will sometimes find these dark areas of newcoat as you blow into the fur.

Pam

Greetings Cher!

You sound like me with the way I was responding to Tucker's patch of,what I guess, was dry skin. I literally had the little oneunder a magnifying glass with a flashlight. Long and short ofit, after I had treated him with mites, I had taken up Pamnock'ssuggestion of putting Vitamin E oil on the spot. Within a dayand 1/2 the discoloration of the skin completely disappeared.I'm not sure this is relative to your situation, I'm just mentioningit.

I was glad to hear Pamnock's promising note about it notbeingout of the ordinary on a tort, aka Honey-ColoredBeauty.

Just out of curiosity, are any of her other habits different?Eating? Drinking? Playing? Getting into mischief?

-Carolyn

OH MY!! are any of her habits different??

thats a whole other kettle of fish.......she just discovered she hashormones and is going CRAZY in her cage~now just when Jade was calmingdown in the whole *mounting of Jezebel* Jezebel is harrassing Jade tono end, wont leave her alone and now I am going to have to separatethem-Really-this morn I woke up to their food and other misc itemsthrown in all directions all over the livingroom from the thrasing inthe cage all night :(

Other than that, Pam's description sounds like she hit thethe nail on the head bout her colouring......although herbelly is light pink for the most part...this whole splotchy brown bitsis completly new though..but she is shedding a whole whack (ewmolting?) hehehe

Cher
update....

I did the unthinkable...............okay, what was in the best interestfor my girls and not to appease myself and went out after classyesterday and bought YET another cage :(the one I was goingto use, they outgrew and it just wasnt right to put one of them in itsoooooooooo we are on day one of being separated and its breakin mahheart. They dont seem to be impressed with the new housing situationsince both of them decided the hay looked MUCH BETTER tossed all overthe bottom of the cage instead of in the hay bowl, Jade went so far asto add her pellets to the whole kit and kaboodle

ohhhhhhh my head

I LOVE MY DUSTBUSTER....and I think Jezebel is giving it theeye...hehehehe, she is sizing it up like it might be a potential mate,jeeeeeeeeez.

Latest posts

Back