Rusty has passed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know it's been forever since I've been on RO but I thought this place would be the best to reach out. Rusty has passed away at the age of 10. It seems he went in his sleep. I found him in the same spot that I saw him in when I left for work. He seemed so peaceful. I am now worried about Akira. She's been with Rusty for about 5 or 6 years now and was bonded from day 1. I'm not sure how rabbits grieve, or how they deal with being alone after their partner dies. Is there anything I can do to comfort her more? She has never been bonded to me, she barely lets me pet her. I just want to make sure she is ok as she's getting pretty old too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's Rusty the day before.

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

I'm so very sorry.. Hope you are doing ok.
I would keep an eye on her and make sure she continues to eat and drink enough, sometimes when bunnies grieve they can get a bit ill. That happened to my Steve after miss bun passed away. Otherwise just try and be there any way she will let you. Spoil her a bit.

Binky free rusty🌈
I'm sorry got your loss at lest he
Died knowing people loved and cared for him

sincere condolence(s) for the both of you ..

may rusty binky w/ the rest of our loved one(s) awaiting US =0)

I'm very sorry :c at least he died a non painful death and with people he loved and loved him.Binky in Rabbit heaven Rusty

R.I.P Rusty. He was a gorgeous boy and passed knowing that he was very much loved and cared for.

Wishing you and Akira all the best ❤

Latest posts

Back