NEW BUNNY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILD

Reaction score
hi everyone

i am hoping to get a new bunny tonight at 6 well may be she said that if nibbles dont get along and wants to fight that she will not let me have him i know it take longer that 30 min for bunnies to bond

please anyone with help please i want thiis bunny and i dont want the bunnies to fight i want them to get along

anyone with helpful hints please help

thanks

please

I would say print out some bonding information from the Behavior section at rabbit.org and bring it with you to show the woman. I am not sure how much she knows about rabbit bonding. However, it is often the case that two bunnies in a neutral space get along fine, or at least without fighting, and it is only when you bring them home that you deal with the bonding work. So make sure the buns have their date in a neutral space. (ie. not the new bunny's living area)Good luck!

It's common for shelters to do "bunny dating" where you bring your bun to meet its potential mate. Many rabbits have strong preferences when it comes to other bunnies and it's often best to let your rabbit choose it's new friend. Makes for easier bonding.

we didnt get the bunny this is the second time its happen i done i give up on looking for a new bunny i have ben looking for 5 months i cant take my heart being broken again

Don't give up. A good place to go is the local shelter--they can help you find a bunny that gets along with the one you already have. It also may be better to wait until your girl is spayed to try bonding (if she isn't already).

We bought another bunny and brought her home only to find that Lacie would attack her and try to mount her and stuff.
We put them both in the bathtub everyday for aboout 30 mins for a little over a week. We would use a spray bottle on Lacie whenever she would do something bad, and she really seemed to learn from that.
Once they started to ignore eachother we put them into the room that their cages are in and gave them lots of toys and veggies. We made sure they could only eat their veggies when they were let out together kind of as a treat for being good.
We also had their two cages side by side so they could see eachother and we would switch cages each night (lacie in cage #1 the first night and then cage #2 the second). This helped them get the smell of one another.
Then they started to get friendlier with eachother and now we never see them apart! lol

It will take a while but I think its possible to bond most rabbits as long as they are both spayed/neutered
:) good luck and keep trying!! dont give up!

Latest posts

Back