Update on Tupper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebunnyok

Reaction score
Tupper had to go to the vet again today. Thank you to all of you who posted to my thread on the Infirmery board. I gave him some pedialyte, but this morning he was still very lethargic, and not eating, drinking, or pooping.

The doctor said Tup had lost 1.5 oz in 2 days, and his fever was higher. He said the meds he gave before should have knocked out the fever, but since it is higher, the meds weren't working very well. So he gave him a shot of another antibiotic, combined with something to reduce his fever, and some B12. Also he gave me some medicine that I am supposed to give him twice a day (oral).

Once we got back home, Tupper hopped out of his carrier, and went and munched a little on some greens and drank some water!! :biggrin2: That was the first time I have seen him do that in over a day!! So hopefully, this stuff will work, and he will be his normal hoppy self soon!

Sorry to hear that Tupper hasn't been feeling well....i just cannot stand it when my babies are not well....

But it is good to hear that Tupper has had something to eat and drink....finger's crossed that he is on the trail to recovery

That sounds good. I've heard of a B vitamin shot to increase appetite. It was good of you to get him in to the vet with those symptoms. I'm glad he's started eating on his own again. C'mon, little dude!

Thank you everyone! I have been keeping a close eye on him today, and he continues to eat and drink, and POOP! I have to give him his medicine twice a day, which he fights me till he tastes it. Apparently, it tastes good to him, cause earlier he was trying to chew the syringe lol! He even gave me a couple of licks, which makes me happy that my baby is kissing me after all he has been through. He is still pooped from being sick, so he is taking frequent naps. All in all, it looks like he is getting better!! YAY!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Back