Misty's Favourite Way To Be Held

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
I just discovered Misty's favourite way to be held when I'm carrying her is on her back! If I don't carry her like this she tries to get into this position herself by leaning back into my right arm and sticking out her front paws, it's so cute!

GEDC2736.jpg

GEDC2733.jpg

GEDC2728.jpg

I just noticed how dirty her paws look in that picture :blushan:
If anyone is wondering she broke out of the run and into the muddy vegetable garden and had me chasing her for a good 15 minutes.

Oh look at her! SO cute! I love that she tries to get herself in that position on purpose as well lol.... Rare that bunnies will let you carry them like that, much less try and turn themselves over!

I know she is weird in a cute way, I was always wondering why the heck she kept pushing herself back and I thought it was because she was scared since she doesn't really like to be petted, then one day I decided to see if I could trance her, because I can't with my other rabbits and she tranced really easy and I tried it when I was holding her and now she loves it.

Lucy loves to be carried that way, she prefers it. As a dutch trancing her is incredibly easy and if I need something from another room and i can't have her running around I just place her on her back and walk away. She'll stay that way for half an hour or more.

So no wonder my baby does that, though I've heard that other breeds are less likely so it's nice to see another lil bun doing that.

that is sooo cute! I've seen cats held that way but not bunnies... I don't think I would be game to try that with either of my bunnies. I wonder what makes some bunnies comfortable being held like that...

wow dave, half an hour in a trance? the first time you tried that did you keep coming back expected her to have moved? haha

maybe I'll read up about how to trance a bunny and give it a try sometime. it would come in handy at the vet haha

The trick is to just ease them down on their back, make sure their entire body is straight and stroke their belly constantly. They'll go still and look like they are in a coma.

Yet again another double post. There is something wrong with the forum lately. I've seen it happening to others too.

I always make sure to support their head and neck really well too if I'm trancing her on my lap so that she doesn't feel like she's falling.

with caramel i have to stroke her forehead, belly, and fore legs! but she will stay like that for ages!
when she is scared, or hyper, ill trance her and lay her down in lots of hay. same with eyore.
with eyore if you stroke his head and belly at the same time, he will rool over and trance straight away!

Latest posts

Back