Head tilt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunmommy

Reaction score
My little guy got terribly ill this past feb with GI stasis followed immediately by an ear infection, after months of essentially 24hr care he pulled through. It was left with a 180 degree head tilt. I have had to completely alter his care. He was no longer capable of getting in and out of his litter box (I used a paper box lid) I cut a side off so we can walk into it but he just wasn’t having it. He can’t be in his cage anymore as he panics and falls over.

Currently I have puppy pads covered by fleece blankets in his favorite corner of my living room with a small carrying cage in the middle. He likes to lean between the cage and wall. In that little area, he is able to move around without falling but if I move him somewhere else in the house, he just can’t do it. He falls over and can’t catch his balance.

The past few weeks he has been venturing further into the living room at his own pace and seems to be doing very well. On his own he has widened his “safety zone”

I’m wondering if he will ever be able to hop and binky again. At times it seems his head almost goes straight with just a little tilt but then back to sideways.

Anyone have a bun with head tilt??

I haven't had a bun with a head tilt- but I have seen/heard of many who do regain quite a bit of confidence and function after some time. He may not do full binkies anymore, but I bet he will be able to go back to all his favorite places eventually. Just keep letting him get his feet back under him and allow him to choose his safety zone (Like you have been!) and he should continue to improve.

Latest posts

Back