Need Suggestions for Trio Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamsterdance

Reaction score
Hello!
For a long time I had two happy bonded pairs- until one of my buns passed earlier this year at an old age:(
Now his mate seems very sad and lonely... I've been trying to bond her with my other male/female pair and she is great with the female but doesn't get along well with the male.
I'm really hoping to get them to work together as I can't get another rabbit and she is lonely where I don't want to leave her alone. I know it may not work, but I'm just looking to see if any of you may have had success in similar situations and what worked for you?

Also, they are all spayed and neutered and around 3 years old. They were all fixed at least 2 years ago.

Often it seems like trios don't work (they can for sure!) but they can break a previously bonded pair up as well, so be careful. Is it within your means to get a new bunny for the single one? A lot of rabbit only rescues often will help you through the bonding process even!

Often it seems like trios don't work (they can for sure!) but they can break a previously bonded pair up as well, so be careful. Is it within your means to get a new bunny for the single one? A lot of rabbit only rescues often will help you through the bonding process even!

That's how it seems now- that it may not work :(
I currently live at home and it's a solid no from my parents on any more rabbits as one of the pairs was unexpected and they had allowed it only due to circumstance. :(

Latest posts

Back